Quantcast Best place to get new leafsprings, hangers, shackles, and brackets? - Ford Truck Club Forum

Home

Forum

Gallery

Garage

Blog

Arcade

Settings

TOTM

Vote

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Log Out

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1992-1996 Ford F150

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old March 29th, 2017, 02:15 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Best place to get new leafsprings, hangers, shackles, and brackets?

I want to replace the leaf springs on the back of the truck because it sits uneven. It doesn't have much lift but it is sitting on blocks. I was wondering where the best place to shop would be?

Old March 29th, 2017, 07:59 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Rock Auto
Old September 8th, 2017, 02:35 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Try to visit fatbobsgarage. They also have leaf springs.
Old July 25th, 2018, 03:12 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It really depends on if you want OEM or are okay with Moog or other aftermarket parts. This is what I do. I start out for any major part finding what the original Ford part number was for it. Using various sources but most often Rock Auto. Than I search availability of the Ford parts. I have found the majority of times if you can get NOS on parts that never expire, no rubber to dry out or grease to harden etc. I go that route. Since the original part lasted me 150 K I figure it'll be a race to the old folks home or bone yard for me vs. the truck part wearing out. Now once I settle on NOS or aftermarket, I shop it. At least a half a dozen vendors. From eBay, Amazon(rarely), Believe it or not even Walmart.com and other spots. The fastest way is to simply enter the ford part number in your search bar. I suspect I've saved thousands and almost always end up with what I want, NOS, Ford original or aftermarket.