Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1992-1996 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old July 23rd, 2017, 04:55 PM

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default Outside rearview Mirrors

I'm slow getting around to things but I finally decided to install the turn signal arrows I got from shark racing. Every thing went well until I test fitted the replacement glass. I had started on the pass. mirror which is new, but aftermarket. As you can see, the mirror doesn't fit. So I started freaking out a little and I got to thinking about the drs. side and checked the replacement for it and it fits. The drs side is suppose to be NOS. It has no Ford markings on the pigtail which is curious but the mirror fit so should be no problems. My solution for the pass side is to just restore it. My truck has always been parked under cover about 90% of its life so the mirrors aren't bad. The chrome cap is held on by 4 screws and I will have it rechromed. It has some small scratches that I will have to ask the chromers if they can repair this. In the photos you can see the pass side with arrow just taped in place fits fairly flush but not entirely. It needs to be flush with glass so it will not look like the photo where the mirror is just sitting on top with pwr to arrow. Sticky foam pieces come with the replacement mirror for mounting. What I did on mirror with arrow mounted after cleaning up broke glass pieces and sticky foam pieces and 2 big globs of glue, I turned arrow on face and used a pencil to outline it. Then I used my Dremel with a small cutting blade to cut through plastic 1/16 of an inch inside the line. You may ask why. The signal arrow will not lay flush. All those lights and wires would lift it off base by an 1/18 " or a little more which will not work. Once I had hole cut, I test fitted and had to do a little trimming so the back of the arrow which has an 1/8" or just a little more flat area which will lay on plastic base. Came out good but by my measurements, the aftermarket mirror is smaller than the factory. Who knew? Well that's where I'm at on this and to let anyone know about the aftermarkets. There is no way to remove without breaking it unless some kind of glue removal can be put behind glass. That may or may not work and probably time consuming. And I'm guessing on that. From the new drs side mirror, I'm assuming that is semi gloss black and I may have to repaint the new drs side mirror so it will match the pas side.
Any input is always deeply appreciated and I hope everyone is doing well. Everyone take care.
I guess I have removed the photo of the arrow pwred under mirror but it is in a thread from a couple of years ago. Sorry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1231.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1361   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1238.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	1362  

1993 F150 XLT, 5.8 with E40D, Tow and Handling Package. Fully loaded from factory as truck was special order. Mods: Extang Snap on bed cover. 2" drop in rear, Six Liter Tuneup, NOS 66-72 Ford Air Foil Antenna, Planet Auto Red Ford Oval (grille). Diamond Clear Headlight Package, Bumper Guards, F350 Brake Conversion, Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors, 3 row alum radiator with Mk VIII elec fan. and much more to come!
Old July 25th, 2017, 06:43 AM

Liked 187 Times in 169 Posts

Hey Frank, I hope all is well with you and yours

I'm not much help, and this place has changed since all the old members left
you may want to seek answers elsewhere

as far as I'm concerned we have only one member with extensive knowledge, and that is not enough to sustain this site

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old August 3rd, 2017, 09:19 PM

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Hate to hear it J. I posted the above so members would know there is a diff from Factory and after market. I asked for any better way than I had laid out which I don't think any other way is going to be any better results. Just in case the site goes down, my email is bluethunderstx@yahoo.com . Had this address for 12 years even though I don't care for yahoo. Drop me a line every now and then J. When I get on the net my time usually is limited and I forget a lot of time sites I need to visit. Take care of yourself and maybe this site will pick back up. Later

1993 F150 XLT, 5.8 with E40D, Tow and Handling Package. Fully loaded from factory as truck was special order. Mods: Extang Snap on bed cover. 2" drop in rear, Six Liter Tuneup, NOS 66-72 Ford Air Foil Antenna, Planet Auto Red Ford Oval (grille). Diamond Clear Headlight Package, Bumper Guards, F350 Brake Conversion, Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors, 3 row alum radiator with Mk VIII elec fan. and much more to come!
Old August 27th, 2017, 07:50 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Where did they all go ??

1992 Nite Style Side SB 5.0 E4OD
2014 Fusion SE Ecoboost