Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1948-1983 Ford F100

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old November 9th, 2010, 06:56 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default US Gear Dual Range

I have had my 56 F100 for about 30 years with different motors and such. I was running a small block chev 350/350. Have went back to all ford, 460 big block, c6 tranny, 9 '' rear. I just today backed it out and took it to the muffler shop, It's still there will pick it up in about two hours. My question is when I bought the C6 it has A US Gear Dual Range overdrive on it so I left it on but I don't know how to hook the wires up, there are four wires coming from the selector switch that I mounted on the gear shift. If any one can help me it will be deeply appreciate it. THANKS GARY.
Old November 9th, 2010, 07:49 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's going to be a tough one, you can't even get a US Gear Dual Range anymore. They don't make them or the parts at all now. Don't know if there techs would be any help.

BATES

"If you see this in your rear view mirror.........MOVE!"
Banks & PHP Powered
4wheels are for guys who can't drive with 2

Old November 9th, 2010, 10:28 PM

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

I can help, would you want to trade your 56 for my 95?

I shot someone an email who I believe may be able to lend a helping hand, let's see what he has to say.

Old November 9th, 2010, 11:26 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine5flareside View Post
I can help, would you want to trade your 56 for my 95?

I shot someone an email who I believe may be able to lend a helping hand, let's see what he has to say.
Annnnnd............

BATES

"If you see this in your rear view mirror.........MOVE!"
Banks & PHP Powered
4wheels are for guys who can't drive with 2

Old November 9th, 2010, 11:39 PM

Well, he is probably sleeping right now. I don't know about Canada, but in the US, people sleep!

Old November 10th, 2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Bohn View Post
I have had my 56 F100 for about 30 years with different motors and such. I was running a small block chev 350/350. Have went back to all ford, 460 big block, c6 tranny, 9 '' rear. I just today backed it out and took it to the muffler shop, It's still there will pick it up in about two hours. My question is when I bought the C6 it has A US Gear Dual Range overdrive on it so I left it on but I don't know how to hook the wires up, there are four wires coming from the selector switch that I mounted on the gear shift. If any one can help me it will be deeply appreciate it. THANKS GARY.
Here is the reply I got:

"Hi Tony,
Frankly I never heard of US Gears or their products. I would think that two wires are large gauge (power and ground) and the other two are for switching. I went to the US Gears web site and saw nothing about an overdrive unit, likely not available anymore."

At this point, if the above works out, then great! If not, I would contact US GEAR and see if they can provide you with a manual or some kind of paperwork along with help to your question. I searched the net for a good hour on this and learned a bit about this unit but no mention of the wires. I would be interested in posting any info US GEAR is able to offer you.

Good luck!

Old November 10th, 2010, 01:24 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks, Somewhere down the road I will run into someone that has the same setup. Gary
Old November 11th, 2010, 07:21 AM

Liked 187 Times in 169 Posts

WOW, I've been messing with C4's & C6's for some time now this is a new one on me
I will now try to find more info cause I dont like being in the dark about 1 of my favorite transmissions

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.