Quantcast Rear End question and a few other things(tires etc). - Ford Truck Club Forum

Home

Forum

Gallery

Garage

Blog

Arcade

Settings

TOTM

Vote

Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1992-1996 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old December 28th, 2012, 12:01 AM

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default Rear End question and a few other things(tires etc).

Did being a limited slip come with 31 spline axles or was that a special order. I have been busy with work and still getting over the flu or whatever it was. I have got the Motorcraft power brake booster and all I like is the master cylinder for my F350 brake conver.. Also I have bought one of the NOS left outside mirror from alpha parts on ebay. $45 is an awsome price for NOS. I also got the shop manual book trouble shooting elec. and vacum. I also have the schmatics that unfold which I didn't realize I had. But I haven't put the keyless entry in yet. I just don't feel up to par to do it. I would prefer a professional do it. Had to buy me a new set of tires. My plan was mid to late summer for tires but I had a blowout a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find a match new or used. The tires I had, had 35-40k on them so they were at the point of needing replaced in near future. Spare had never been off truck. Damn, tires have gone thru the roof. $740-50 for BF Goodrich T/A Radials. Cooper Cobras were $610 and Telstar (made by cooper I was told) was $550. I found a set Eldorado Legend GT 275/15 60 for $500. I sorta wish now I'd went back with white walls. The Raied White letters is hard to get used to. The 72 on Trucks (Spike Channel) looked good with those red line tires. Maybe in the future for the next set. Centerline has some rims that will fit our trucks. The Convo Pro is one. Because of the lack of dish, I'd go with ten inch wide with a back space of 5 inches, That would split rim down the middle and give me about a 5inch dish on the outside. Does anyone know how far the tires are gonna stick out? Want be able to stand real far out.
Been trying to spend more time with our foster boys. They are 2 1/2 and 3 1/2. They will be going to live with someone else in a few months. We have had them since Jan and yes I'm attached to them. Thats the bad part about being a foster parent. Just love the fire out of them while you got them. They are the best two little boys you would ever want in your home.
Is there gonna be a new poll set up for Truck of the Year? Some good looking trucks over the year.
I read a post, I think, about a late 80's that would shut off and wouldn't start for a day or too. One of the guys putting tires on my truck told me of his grandfathers truck that was doing the same thing. Need your input so I can pass along to him.
Grundy Collecter Car insurance is now insuring reg cars and even with agreed value. I haven't checked this out yet but I had Grundy on my Fairlane with 25k agreed and only paid $165 a year.
Well I know I had some other stuff but it slips my mind. Wish everyone a Happy new year and much thanks for all the input this year.

1993 F150 XLT, 5.8 with E40D, Tow and Handling Package. Fully loaded from factory as truck was special order. Mods: Extang Snap on bed cover. 2" drop in rear, Six Liter Tuneup, NOS 66-72 Ford Air Foil Antenna, Planet Auto Red Ford Oval (grille). Diamond Clear Headlight Package, Bumper Guards, F350 Brake Conversion, Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors, 3 row alum radiator with Mk VIII elec fan. and much more to come!
Old December 28th, 2012, 12:06 AM

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

All ford truck 8.8" and 9" rear's were 31 spline from the factory, Mustangs and cars were the only one's I know of that got 28 spline's.
Old December 28th, 2012, 12:17 AM

Oh yes I remember now. I have found a reworked rear end chunk 31 spline with no gear so I could go up to a 3.75 or 4.10(I bet the gas milage would suck) and 31 spline axles. I have also located another complete rear end for $250 and it is a 3.55 LS. I'm debating which route is the best and maybe the cheapest. I also over the Thanksgiving Holiday found the factory running boards just laying in the back of a truck. Both sides have some cracks and gouges but no braces. I couldn't lose on the deal though because I only paid $25 for the set. Well I think that is all for now. Booba, how much is a 4 clutch conversion cost? Also, any diff in a 31 spline housing and a 28? I would think not but you never know.

1993 F150 XLT, 5.8 with E40D, Tow and Handling Package. Fully loaded from factory as truck was special order. Mods: Extang Snap on bed cover. 2" drop in rear, Six Liter Tuneup, NOS 66-72 Ford Air Foil Antenna, Planet Auto Red Ford Oval (grille). Diamond Clear Headlight Package, Bumper Guards, F350 Brake Conversion, Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors, 3 row alum radiator with Mk VIII elec fan. and much more to come!
Old December 28th, 2012, 12:18 AM

Thats good to know Big Blue. Thanks.

Old December 28th, 2012, 05:05 AM

Liked 31 Times in 28 Posts

As far as I know the housings are the same. The kit for the 4 clutch mod (3 new clutches+1 old one) normally cost around $70, I needed an new S-Spring too, which was around $5. You can get away with using an old clutch because you use the one closest to the spider gear, which still has all of it's friction material.

89 F-150 5.0l AOD 2x4, 3.55 LS(+4), Converted to HO Roller, 3g Alt, GT40Ps, Y-pipe, Rerouted PCV, Dual Taurus E-fans, Explorer Injectors, Remote ICM, DIY Cold air, Rubber Vacuum System, Tranny cooler, Remote Tranny filter, Saginaw P\S swap, F350 Brakes, more.

Old December 28th, 2012, 02:03 PM

OK. Thanks Booba

Old December 28th, 2012, 02:14 PM

Liked 31 Times in 28 Posts

Keep in mind if you use the carbon clutches that come in the 03+ cobra, you can't do this mod unless you buy 2 of the kits...to much $ IMO for the gain you'd see.

89 F-150 5.0l AOD 2x4, 3.55 LS(+4), Converted to HO Roller, 3g Alt, GT40Ps, Y-pipe, Rerouted PCV, Dual Taurus E-fans, Explorer Injectors, Remote ICM, DIY Cold air, Rubber Vacuum System, Tranny cooler, Remote Tranny filter, Saginaw P\S swap, F350 Brakes, more.

Old December 28th, 2012, 10:40 PM

Ok Booba