Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > Ford SVT Raptor

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old November 2nd, 2009, 09:57 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Car and Driver trashes Raptor

So I just got my December Car and Driver issue. I started flipping through it and all of a sudden I see a picture of a Raptor. They did a 3 page review on it. I was excited to read it...but that quickly changed. I don't think they said anything good about the truck except for the fact that (quote) 'Across a road-less waste land, the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor, base price $38,995, will outrun just about everything, from a zombie attack to the incriminating middle finger of the Almighty' The main focus of the article seemed to be that this truck weighs 6,000 lbs. and drinks gas like a frat guy drinks beer. They say the orange color looks like burnt Sunkist (insutling it) and saying that the "Raptor" isn't an appropriate name for it (they suggest calling it a (quote) 'Bengal works better, as in the kind from Cincinnati that dons orange and black and inhabits the defensive line') I'm guessing most of you can get what they mean by that. They say the exterior looks like it means business, but the only looks it will get is from contractors sipping Caribous at Home Depot. They weren't very nice to the interior though. The 6.2L made them optimistic...optimistic that it would hurt the trucks chances of selling because it will just chew through more gas. Their ending statement is the 1500 raptors being made for 2010 will live boring lifes (quote) 'until the plague hits. Released to open country, the Raptor delivers all that is promised by it's intensely burly appearance. In a world headed to Hell, only the strong will survive-that is, until the gas runs out.'

Anyone else who gets C&D, feel free to share your opinion on the article.

Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:54 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I let my subscription lapse after they changed the format toward more online content. Ironically, I now spend more time online with one less magazine to read! The new batch of young writers they have also drove me away. They know how to make pretty words, but don't know much about cars or the people who drive them, it seems.

Big T

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 12:28 AM

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts

As for C&D - they can go pack sand in a water hole! the numbnutz that wrote the article must got the boot when his girlfriend dumped his spineless ass for a truck driving dune thumping beer drinking real man.

May he blow a tire and need a Ford tow truck sooner then hopes for and hopefully its when his narrowed forehead realizes - he is be looking in the mirror at a mules rearend as he mutters the words "friggen Raptors are mean".

~~ go ahead rick let it out - dont hold back any ~~ =-b opps, done!

What we leave behind are our words and our deeds. Nothing else really matters.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i gave up on car and driver a while back.

it also seems as though the author of the C&D story forgot that the raptor does come in colors other than orange. And they are most likely going to be proven wrong as far as fuel mileage when the 6.2L is offered as an option. It's pretty simple....if the motor has to work more to move the same weight (5.4L) it will use more gas than a motor (6.2L) that has enough power to move the weight. I doubt the MPG with the 6.2L will be all that bad (not teriffic..but not horrible for a truck).

I will say the fact that it is a good bit wider than stock could pose a problem for those who would take the truck out on trails....or at least try to....the raptor probably would have troubles on a lot of trails due to the size.

Matt

2007 F-150 FX4

I say try, if you never try you can never succeed.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 02:52 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot150 View Post
i gave up on car and driver a while back.

it also seems as though the author of the C&D story forgot that the raptor does come in colors other than orange. And they are most likely going to be proven wrong as far as fuel mileage when the 6.2L is offered as an option. It's pretty simple....if the motor has to work more to move the same weight (5.4L) it will use more gas than a motor (6.2L) that has enough power to move the weight. I doubt the MPG with the 6.2L will be all that bad (not teriffic..but not horrible for a truck).

I will say the fact that it is a good bit wider than stock could pose a problem for those who would take the truck out on trails....or at least try to....the raptor probably would have troubles on a lot of trails due to the size.
no worse than a hummer and probably just as many out there in the brush......

Big T

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 09:37 AM

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Funny this writer talks about the raptor burning fuel and kind of implying that this is a vehicle that is not environmentally friendly... I wonder if the press that makes the magazine is environmentally friendly or the trucks who deliver the magazines?

Old November 3rd, 2009, 03:06 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'm guessing you're referring to the real hummer...and not the wannabe hummer?

Matt

2007 F-150 FX4

I say try, if you never try you can never succeed.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 07:42 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My best guest is he was trying to review the Raptor as a daily driving plain-jane truck. Which it's not, and shouldn't be reviewed as such. It should be compared to other trucks of its sort, which af of now, there aren't any. The paragraph (if you can call it that, it was only 2 or 3 sentences) that was written explaining it's offroad capabilities had nothing but good stuff to say, the rest of the article explaining it as a everyday driving work mans truck, wasn't so kind. This truck is meant to be offroad, not a daily driver work truck.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:32 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Whoever wrote article is a complete moron or somebody forgot to tell him the purpose of the truck.

Who the hell buys a Raptor (or a truck for that matter) for fuel economy? Its the last thing I care about with my truck. The Raptor has one sole purpose, to be loud, mean and fast. They made the thing so that you could take it out in the mud and it jump off sand dunes not so you could go pick up the kids from soccer and run errands around town with it while getting 30mpg. This guy's just bitter because he drives a smart car and the Raptor runs circles around it.

Complete idiot. Rant over.
________
NO2 VAPORIZERS

Last edited by herbz; February 15th, 2011 at 03:41 AM.
Old November 25th, 2009, 10:11 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
Whoever wrote article is a complete moron or somebody forgot to tell him the purpose of the truck.

Who the hell buys a Raptor (or a truck for that matter) for fuel economy? Its the last thing I care about with my truck. The Raptor has one sole purpose, to be loud, mean and fast. They made the thing so that you could take it out in the mud and it jump off sand dunes not so you could go pick up the kids from soccer and run errands around town with it while getting 30mpg. This guy's just bitter because he drives a smart car and the Raptor runs circles around it.

Complete idiot. Rant over.
i agree good post.

i saw one yesterday pretty neat trucks

Have you donated to FordTruckClub.net yet? I have!