Quantcast Cooper Discoverer STTs and Pro Comp 7089s - Page 2 - Ford Truck Club Forum

Home

Forum

Gallery

Garage

Blog

Arcade

Settings

TOTM

Vote

Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > GARAGE TALK > Garage Talk: Wheels & Tires

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old April 16th, 2010, 05:55 PM

Location: Live on the outskirts of Philly, little town called Collingdale.
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You would think with all the money you spent, he could have thrown the damn lugs in. Was this an indy shop or a chain? Cause around here mount/balance is included in the tire price. I have a quote from my tire place for $248 each. Of course I don't get the replacement certificates though.

A tattoo is a permanent symbol of temporary insanity

Old April 16th, 2010, 06:03 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Discount tire...My brother is honking at me from the driveway to hurry up...Gotta go! Will post more on monday!

Old April 16th, 2010, 06:59 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS FatMan View Post
And bates...I know I'm gunna get some rock chips with the tires out that far...I just don't know if I can handle putting fender flares on it 'cause the stance it has right now is about perfect
I was thinking more along the lines of legality. Up here you'd need more tire coverage.

BATES

"If you see this in your rear view mirror.........MOVE!"
Banks & PHP Powered
4wheels are for guys who can't drive with 2

Old April 17th, 2010, 12:05 PM

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts

SS: GET SOME FENDER FLARES!!! If you dont.......there goes that nice black paint job getting ate up with rock chips! The ones like Matt have would look great. Im investing in a set for mine as soon as I recoop from the lift, wheels and tires for mine!

Lowriders are for guys who can't get it up!
Sissy's drive 2wd's! (you know who you are!!)

Black Sheep of FTC
Old April 17th, 2010, 11:49 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i was on the fence about fender flares myself....but during the winter time i was sick of having the entire side of my truck coated in snow/salt and slush. actually got to the point where the side mirrors would get coated and become useless. I think a set of the pocket style on your truck would look killer....and you wouldn't even have to paint them.

Matt

2007 F-150 FX4

I say try, if you never try you can never succeed.

Old April 18th, 2010, 02:14 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As far as being legal I haven't seen/heard anything on how far tires can stick out in Michigan in the past few years. I've seen tons of cars with them sticking out more with no fender flares. Right now I'm going without any. I'm sure some like Matt has will be in the future though. The paint on my truck absolutely sucks from me taking it down skinny trails and getting torn up by branches and from the body shop doing a terrible job repainting after the tree damage. I'm not worried about tearing it up too much before fender flares get purchased. When the truck is paid off and I have a new car for a D.D. the truck is going to become my secondary transportation and get a new paint job. Going to go with a metallic black/blue that is so dark it looks black.