Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1992-1996 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old October 28th, 2012, 02:19 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Draining gas without dropping tank???

So before I started my motor swap. My truck sat for a long time.....yes I know what was I thinking! 2 yrs....I don't have much in the front tank showing its on Empty. The 2nd tank I will never know gauge is out. I was wondering if there is a way to drain tank without dropping it.

I am going to change out fuel filter already have it off. I am in process of putting everything back together. Motor is bolted in and exhaust is also hooked up, the only thing is getting front end in and hooking up lights and battery. Once I do this can I just turn key off and on till no more is coming out??? Or is there an easier way or no other way to do this but dropping tank. Gas smells like varnish....heard that is not good.
Old October 28th, 2012, 02:37 PM

Liked 185 Times in 167 Posts

varnish smell is a bad sign

Drop the tanks and have them flushed , No other way than to drop them and the varnish smell is a bad sign of contaminants sticking to the bottom, sides and top of the tank
this must be removed or you'll suffer with fuel filted blockage and possible trash in the injectors or carb

then flush your fuel lines

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.