Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 2004-2008 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old November 9th, 2010, 11:09 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default anyone with experience with wheel spacers?

where can i get them and how much are they. i can't find them anywhere!
My dad said he would get hem for me for doing a job i did for him :)
Old November 9th, 2010, 11:44 AM

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Quick question, why do you want wheel spacers?

I don't know how you go about getting your truck inspected, but trucks have been known to fail because of wheel spacers. Just a heads up, you may want to look into your local state inspection laws (if you get state inspected that is).

Also, wheel spacers tend to create more load on your tie rods and that can lead to alignment issues. Basically, it will weaken the whole structure and when that happens, things can break... wheel studs etc. or even worse, a tire falling off. Just something to think about.

At the same time, I am sure that there are people out there that swear by them. Personally, it's not for me.

Few links:

http://www.allsprings.com/catalog/fo...el-spacers.htm

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/For...Wheel-Spacers/

http://www.wheeladapter.com/ford_wheel_spacers.php

I am not supporting any of these sites as good places to buy from(not that they aren't good places to buy from - I don't know), I just found these links on the internet. Buyer beware!

Old November 9th, 2010, 11:54 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it's for my camp truck. it has a 6 inch suspension lift and it's my old truck its an '04 f150 heritage. I been wanting to put wheel spacers on
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:16 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Everything thing I've ever read on any forum about wheel spacers is they are bad news. I've never seen someone post about them and get a positive response. I think it all comes down to a safety issue because of all the stress put on the parts nine5 mentioned.
________
Volcano Classic

Last edited by herbz; February 15th, 2011 at 03:53 AM.
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:55 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We've done a lot of custom billet wheel spacers. Generally for guys with duallies that are going for bigger rubber or guys with lifts that want bigger rubber but are staying with stock rims that don't have any offset. Usually the minimum we have done is 2" billet spacers (there are thinner ones, some off-shore steel ones) that are made by a company here in the Lower Mainland of BC.

http://www.wheelspacers.ca/

Have had a lot of success with the spacers to date. Just like a lift kit the spacers can add extra wear and tear on your suspension components though. That is the downside of lifting your truck.

BATES

"If you see this in your rear view mirror.........MOVE!"
Banks & PHP Powered
4wheels are for guys who can't drive with 2

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:37 AM

Liked 185 Times in 167 Posts

stay away from WHEEL SPACERS

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old August 4th, 2012, 10:16 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have used billet steel spacers from these guys for over 10 years, without an issue front and back with my std ball trailer and bobcat and the fifth wheel with two drag cars on a reg bassis.

http://www.southwestwheel.com/fordconversion.htm

Recently had them off and they show as good as the day I put them on, I even magged them for kicks....no cracks.

I tq the inner acorn nuts 105 the outter flats to 140 pounds.

The colorado DOT is very strick, I pass through one, one time a week and they know its a conversion due to my gvw and all is good.

Who knows....But I will ask this, just as my nitrous stroker motors, people say it will knock the sides of the block out but yet no one who posts such things can support it with there own real world use or pics of there cracked blocks, so I ask the same thing of people who do not like spacers, have you used them yourself and if so under what conditions, what brand and pics that support the theory of what went wrong? If wheel spacers were the rolling death some make them out to be the ntsb would step in an outlaw them all one would think.

I do see the links posted are of low quality al. which id never think of to use, not even back in the old days on a sreet car, the third link also seems to use al, if you look further some of there better ones are steel.

This link I posted use one piece billet steel for there product, costs more but they seem to work well, at least for me, as for the extra loads if looked at on a perportional basis as well as other factors it could be said the ball is already rolling in that area the second the oem rims are removed and all different sizes and configs of aftermarket rims and tires are installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03560.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	666  

Last edited by Flatbedmark; August 4th, 2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:40 AM

Liked 36 Times in 34 Posts

After lifting my truck it was very top heavy.I bought a set of high quality aluminum 2" spacers and mounted them.It helped my stability issues and i have never had any adverse affects.It has been about 7 years now.

click below to see my FTC Gallery

Don't forget those that came before you! Be proud of who you are and where your from.

“No damn man kills me and lives.” Confederate Lieutenant General, Nathan Bedford Forrest

Old August 6th, 2012, 10:22 PM

Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts

If done right and you keep up with checking torque specs, like you should wheels anyway, they are fine. Yes they wear on parts more, but so do big tires and wide wheels and everything else fun. I know almost every single person that lifts an OBS or a newer chevy uses them in the back to equal out the track width. I'd buy quality like Skate did, but some people buy cheap and never have problems.

1990 F150XLTLariat. 300I6. ZF. BDS. 36x16.5x15FC. SAS under construction.

How to: FTC Gallery.

How to: Brick steering column.
How to: Wiper motor removal.
Shop Class 101.
Door Tag Codes.
Old August 7th, 2012, 06:46 PM

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts

I dont have spacers and my chevy tracks straight

Lowriders are for guys who can't get it up!
Sissy's drive 2wd's! (you know who you are!!)

Black Sheep of FTC