Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1992-1996 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old October 14th, 2012, 02:45 PM

Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts

I like the looks of that

1990 F150XLTLariat. 300I6. ZF. BDS. 36x16.5x15FC. SAS under construction.

How to: FTC Gallery.

How to: Brick steering column.
How to: Wiper motor removal.
Shop Class 101.
Door Tag Codes.
Old October 24th, 2012, 12:41 PM

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Well its good to know a post I started keeps on giving. Yes, I'm still here. Just been taking it real easy. I think before I'd waste the gas hunting for mirrors that are probably weather beat and may not function, by the kit from the company I mentioned earlier. I'm a stickler for Ford parts so it would just be the glass you are replacing. Got some catch up reading to do. Hope everyone is doing well.

1993 F150 XLT, 5.8 with E40D, Tow and Handling Package. Fully loaded from factory as truck was special order. Mods: Extang Snap on bed cover. 2" drop in rear, Six Liter Tuneup, NOS 66-72 Ford Air Foil Antenna, Planet Auto Red Ford Oval (grille). Diamond Clear Headlight Package, Bumper Guards, F350 Brake Conversion, Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors, 3 row alum radiator with Mk VIII elec fan. and much more to come!
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:56 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I found some LED 's that you mod your glass with. Looks like the most cost effective way to go. http://sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/s...cate=070000000

1992 Nite Style Side SB 5.0 E4OD
2014 Fusion SE Ecoboost
Old October 28th, 2012, 01:18 PM

I like those HiRoller. I just wonder how long they will last compared to the OEM kits. I'm thinking about the leds you get to go under your tail gate. Half of what I see has a bulb out and has turned me off from getting those. The $33.00 sure is better than the $250 kit from the company that does OEM stuff and did the original for the 95-96 Fords.

1993 F150 XLT, 5.8 with E40D, Tow and Handling Package. Fully loaded from factory as truck was special order. Mods: Extang Snap on bed cover. 2" drop in rear, Six Liter Tuneup, NOS 66-72 Ford Air Foil Antenna, Planet Auto Red Ford Oval (grille). Diamond Clear Headlight Package, Bumper Guards, F350 Brake Conversion, Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors, 3 row alum radiator with Mk VIII elec fan. and much more to come!
Old October 29th, 2012, 01:58 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

I've found a write up on a car forum that may be beneficial for you guys if you can locate replacement glass that does not have the window for the signal already in the glass (IE fits right, but not for the signal mirror)

Basically these guys are buying basic power mirrors, prying / cutting the glass away from the glue on the backing. Cutting the turn signal area out, putting led's in the back of the glass and the corresponding cup.

The part that I didn't like was the idea of using a 3m double sided tape to hold the glass on afterwards.

built and blueprinted Lightning powerplant with p&p heads, race built 4r70w by Darrin @ BC-Automotive
1-Ton swap Dyno 436/475
Transmission saga. avoid www.Engineworldusa.com, junk import motors.

Old October 29th, 2012, 08:35 PM

Thats about the same idea with the shark racing set that hiroller posted. They didn't do anything to the glass, just stuck it on. I will have to watch the video again to see if the backing they pulled back to insert the led arrows on the inside of the glass has a mirror finish. With the experience I have with mirrors (non automotive), the glass has the coating(silver) on back. Is our truck mirror glass the same? So what would one need to do? scrape off an area for the led's? I was reading a thread from red hot 150 and he got a kit from Ford which his truck must be 2000's model. But that got me to thinking. Can you order the mirror with turn signal and have the mirror cut down to our size depending on how big the newer glass is. It appears there is a way around finding the stock turn signal mirrors from a 95-96 and or having to pay $250 for a kit for our trucks. It would be mirror with turn signal and wiring but only one arrow. I like the sharkracing kit because it is two arrow as the original for the 95-96. And I'll say again, I'm concerned about the longivity of the led's. (see statement on led's under tailgate and redhots factory mirror having two bulbs go out). Some of you other guys chime in on this one please.

Old November 1st, 2012, 12:45 PM

I rewatched the video. Very simple, but as you said klitch, since our mirrors don't have a heater to pull back and place them under, I'm wondering how to attach them to the back of the mirror. It would seem double sided tape would not last long in the weather. Any ideas somebody?? You can get the pre-cut mirror for our mirrors for around $15 a piece. I don't know about the right with warning on "objects are closer than they appear". If you have good mirror cases, it looks like for less than a $100 bucks you can have turn signal mirrors with the double arrow as the originals.

Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:20 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think any good silicone adhesive would work. There are pretty good ultra clear compounds out there that are weather resistant.

1992 Nite Style Side SB 5.0 E4OD
2014 Fusion SE Ecoboost
Old August 13th, 2014, 08:27 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRoller View Post
I think any good silicone adhesive would work. There are pretty good ultra clear compounds out there that are weather resistant.
I found some non-desilvering glue at the local home supply store. Mirror has been in place for more than 5 years with no visible affects to the silver.
Old August 13th, 2014, 09:58 AM

I don't think the factory mirror has silvering or least not like the old type mirrors that had a gray back. You can hold a piece of mirror from our vehicles and look through the back side and you can see through it. I need to run to jy and get a bigger piece just to test though. I ordered one replacement mirror to see if it is as factory before I order the other side. Next post I'll have a pic of the shark racing turn indicator that goes behind mirror.