Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1992-1996 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old December 2nd, 2012, 12:02 AM

Liked 36 Times in 30 Posts

Some of the best 302 blocks came from Mexico. Higher nickel content and better main bearing caps. Pulling the radiator proved to be beneficial. I found some spots on the ribs where they were pressed over and decided to gently open them back up. I also did some recon on the Powerbond brand of balancers. They are a company in Australia that makes new balancers called Precision Parts. They are not reman at all. They also have their hands in manufacturing balancers for different applications from street, race, and SFI approved balancers and pulleys. Idk, if Dorman or other suppliers actually make new balancers or just reman them.
http://www.precisionparts.com.au/products.html

1994 F150 XLT ExCab SB 306, 4R70w, 8.8 3.55 open, MSD StreetFire coil, Taylor Siro Pro wires, MSD cap and rotor, 1.72 Roller Rockers, 2º cam advance w/ Cloyes Street True Roller timing set, Flat top Hyperutectic pistons, Flowtech Long Tube headers, Xpipe, High flow Magnaflow converters, Spintech XL Sportsman DIDO muffler.

Old December 2nd, 2012, 02:53 AM

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

AFAIK Dorman just reconds them. IDK how exactly just what I've heard.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:59 AM

Liked 187 Times in 169 Posts

check out the, Pro Products Damper/Balancer 80006

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old December 2nd, 2012, 05:26 PM

Nice balancer J but its almost twice the price i paid for the Powerbond plus according to it's description I'd need an adapter to use it. Unless i was using an early 302.

1994 F150 XLT ExCab SB 306, 4R70w, 8.8 3.55 open, MSD StreetFire coil, Taylor Siro Pro wires, MSD cap and rotor, 1.72 Roller Rockers, 2º cam advance w/ Cloyes Street True Roller timing set, Flat top Hyperutectic pistons, Flowtech Long Tube headers, Xpipe, High flow Magnaflow converters, Spintech XL Sportsman DIDO muffler.

Old December 2nd, 2012, 06:49 PM

did'nt think about that
and sine your not building for performance what you have will work just fine

good luck with your Truck

Old December 3rd, 2012, 10:09 AM

Thanks.

Old December 3rd, 2012, 09:53 PM

Not trying to but i also noticed these balancers are made of SG Iron.

Definition of SG Iron.
An abbreviation for Spheroidal Graphite Cast Iron. As the name implies, graphite is present in spheroidal form instead of flakes and compared with Grey Cast Iron it has higher mechanical strength, ductility and increased shock resistance.

Sounds like the perfect material for a damper or balancer.

Old December 10th, 2012, 10:45 PM

Really thought i had this solved. This past weekend I spent a lot of time under the hood fixing numerous thing. Changed TPS, new MSD Cap and rotor, new plugs, Rubber vac line swap, new EVP sensor, cleaned MAF sensor. Checked and rechecked timing. The wobble has worsened. The engine seems to be running awesome despite this. No knocking or anything. The shaking is bad enough that my dash and passenger seat moves. I have checked the flexplate for its counterbalance weight, for tightness in the TC nuts, and any wobble or play. The new balancer spins true while engine is running. Timing is set at 12° BTDC, plugs gapped at. 055". I've been in contact with Booba and Blue with this for the last coupla days and we all seem to be scratching our heads on this one. Some of the things mentioned to try next are:
Checking the injectors.
One way i was told was to use my looong 1/4"drive extension as a stethoscope to hear each individual click. Another way i found was to do a Cylinder Balance self test . Here's a link.
http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,2471.0.html

Balancer slip
i read on a few other Ford based forums that a balancer can slip thus changing its counterbalance high point. I went out to the garage to get a reference as to where the keyway on the front of the cranckshaft is in relation to the centerpoint of the flexplate counterbalance. Just by eyeballing it the look to be in the same position. Tomorrow i will use one of the old balancers marked with the keyway position and reference the new balancer as to its position with the flexplate weight visible at 6 o'clock. Hopefully this tells me something.

Internal transmission issue.

Blue and I have kicked around a coupla ideas about an internal trans issue such as the pump, input shaft, etc. Right now i think it's a shot in the dark.

Engine is bad.

As much as i hate to admit it, this maybe the case. Right now the engine runs great, no knocking or anything. Just a soft Thud that's in sync with the vibration at the engine/trans union. So i think. Hard to really tell.

Engine mounts.
I will admit the engine mounts aren't the worst, but my belief is even if they were totally bad the engine if balanced, timed, tuned, properly would not shake the way it does. Yes it would rock under acceleration with a minimal vibe at idle but not like this.

Well, there you have it. What I've done, what's been discussed, and what I'm worried about. Please, if anyone has any insight, speak up. It would be greatly appreciated!

Old December 11th, 2012, 10:25 AM

if all fails
you should remove and check the crankshaft
which upon removal may show something else - bearings, rods, pistons, pins

Old December 11th, 2012, 11:06 AM

Just curious. If it was the crank wouldn't i have some sort of wobble at either end? At the balancer in front or the flexplate in back? Also wouldn't my idle quality be diminished some?