Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1992-1996 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old November 15th, 2013, 12:00 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default STIFF gas pedal

i have a 92 with a 302 in it, and my gas pedal is about as stiff as can be! ive had to replace 2 throttle cables in it already due to them breaking, i had to put a new throttle body on the truck when a tin cup pressed into the side wore out and spewed coolant every where and when i put in a new tranny i made sure all the cables where adjusted right via a tranny shop in town, but the pedal is still harder the heck to push down, by unhooking the shift down cable it makes it soft like it should be but then of coarse you cant drive with it off, why is my pedal so stiff? i see alot of you have upgraded to a BBK throttle body, what is the advantage of that over the stock one? and might that solve my problem or is there another solution to fix it? thank you in advance!!!
Old November 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM

Liked 185 Times in 167 Posts

did it just start when you had the work done ?

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old November 15th, 2013, 11:15 AM

Liked 36 Times in 30 Posts

The TV cable to the Trans may have some cracking and fraying going on causing the cable to bind. If you haven't already done so, replace it. The BBK TB's have wider openings to allow more air in and the mechanisms are most likely better quality than wore out stock. I don't know how the EEC will handle the extra flow in a MAP/ Speed Density setup like yours. I'd think it would lean things out at least.

1994 F150 XLT ExCab SB 306, 4R70w, 8.8 3.55 open, MSD StreetFire coil, Taylor Siro Pro wires, MSD cap and rotor, 1.72 Roller Rockers, 2º cam advance w/ Cloyes Street True Roller timing set, Flat top Hyperutectic pistons, Flowtech Long Tube headers, Xpipe, High flow Magnaflow converters, Spintech XL Sportsman DIDO muffler.

Old November 15th, 2013, 06:16 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ok, thanks for the info on the bbk TB, and no this has been a problem with the truck since i bought it, ive replaced both cables and th throttle body also due to unrelated problems, and its still stiffer then heck! and as far as the map system in my truck i am working on getting a MAF sensor from a junkyard to mod into my k and n cold air intake and when i find it and ill order the harness to wire it in to my truck :)