Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 132
next small project - Page 8 - Ford Truck Club Forum

Home

Forum

Gallery

Garage

Blog

Arcade

Settings

TOTM

Vote

Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1973-1991 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old March 26th, 2018, 08:44 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Squeezed in a couple of hours Saturday afternoon, my youngest and I changed the rotors and bearings on this hanger queen I've got. She's getting closer though. Headers came in Saturday, dropping them off to get the paint blasted off of them so I can paint them with high temp stuff. Oreily's only had 1 of the glass packs I needed. Ordered the other, went by yesterday to get it,...turns out that a Magnaflow catalytic converter has the same part number. I'll try again today. If all goes well, I'll have the exhaust on it by the end of the week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Helping Hands.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1445  
Old April 2nd, 2018, 08:37 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Got the headers back and painted. Picked up a set of tires from a buddy. Had them put on the wheels over the weekend. New front brakes and all new outer and inner tie rods installed. Along with steering stabilizer. Truck is off the stands now. Between my daughter's football practices every afternoon, might be able to get the wire harness back together this week.
Old April 3rd, 2018, 08:50 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Good news,throttle cable came in yesterday. Bad news, probably isn't gonna work. Tried a test fit, and it seems a little long. Also, the part that attaches to the carb isn't as large as the ball on the throttle linkage. May make a make-shift bracket to route the cables length towards the firewall. Not sure how much of a bind will be on it though. I'll probably end up removing all the necessary parts of the 85 F250 and see if they will fit.
Old April 9th, 2018, 08:54 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Removed the manifolds and installed the long tube headers Saturday. Got the clutch master installed. Switched water pumps. The one on the motor originally was a passenger side inlet, and the other I have is a driver side inlet. This will work better for the radiator. Started making some cuts on the new exhaust and test fitting. Have an issue though,...couple of months back I installed a shift kit in the trans. Upon testing it out, I left the shifter in 2nd, and without thinking pulled the transfer case shifter into 4 low. now the transmission won't come out of 2nd gear. I pulled the floor back apart and removed the cover on the top of the tranny. I can't see where there is anything I can move or adjust to get it to free up and go back into neutral. I'm holding off on installing the exhaust because I'm not sure if the damn thing has to come back out.
Old May 4th, 2018, 09:12 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

So I watched some you tube videos about different thing with this M5R2 trans,...but nothing with my exact problem. Noticed a couple of things and decided to try them out,..AND THEY WORKED! Put the top cover back on and installed the shifter, and it went through he gears just like it should. Lesson learned. Took the shifter off and re-installed the trans tunnel and carpet. Got too many home projects for this weekend, but I'll be installing exhaust and driveshafts in the near future.
Old June 8th, 2018, 09:32 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Haven't gotten to exhaust yet, but did put new U-joints in both drive shafts. Installed headlights and grill a couple of weekends back. Got the fuel system complete. Just need to get 1 more rubber bushing for the bottom of the radiator, and some hoses for the cooling system. Put some oil, tranny fluid, and coolant in her, and she'll be ready to fire up. Looks like I'm gonna beat my end of summer deadline I gave myself.
Old August 22nd, 2018, 10:57 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

So here is an update for anybody who maybe curious. Started filling it with coolant, discovered a leak at the rear of the manifold. Fixed that last night. Gonna fill it up again with my fingers crossed. I even used a torque wrench on the intake bolts. Got my throttle linkage sorted it out. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be posting a video of it running.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 07:50 AM

Liked 170 Times in 152 Posts

I can only get in page #1
but seen the email notification

good luck with the coolant and thanks for keeping us posted on your progress

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old August 27th, 2018, 09:20 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

So I did a much better job this time with the intake gaskets. No more coolant leaking. Got everything buttoned and ready to fire away. Nothing. My first clue was when I opened the door, the dome light didn't come on and there was a battery light on the dash, even without the key. Headlights won't come on either. I tried to do a remote start on the starter to at least get it to turn over, nothing. Pulled the starter and tried to bench test it, notta. Bench tested another starter, nope. So I've got a coupe of bugs to work out. Too busy the last few days. Gonna check all my connections and make sure everything is right. Hopefully I'll have a diagnosis for you fellas in a couple of days.
Old September 4th, 2018, 11:50 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Well, spent most of Sunday in the garage. Made some new battery cables. Put another starter in. Put the wiring in for the transfer case. Went ahead and replaced the starter solenoid, (just in case). Decided to take a look at the wire connections on the steering column. Glad I did,...the connector that works with the key was all but shattered. Put the other column back in and just removed the auto shifter. Went through all my wire connections to make sure everything was tight and right. Grinding to bare metal for grounds. Still no luck. Last night I was thumbing through one of my parts catalogs, and I think my cure hit me in the face. I never grounded the engine block to the frame. I'll build me a ground cable one day this week and get it installed. Fingers crossed.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 36
77carolina , axcell , bdscaocap , beefman , Bighorse , bigpapahh , blbokeb , Booba5185 , dxmbcaocap24h , F100Chief , FOFO F-150 , ford40 , FordGuy1959 , Found_On_Richies_Driveway , FXRS , glc , gwfan , Hamilton Fordy , Hanknguyen , harrison28 , HATCH630 , Inside Man , IrishKRO , JSoko , Klitch , MAmalfa , MarkV , mefreeman , Monkeyfinger , polargeek , Punisher1964 , ralph2854 , Shanevc , skatebowd , The Bake , Yankee