Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > THE LOUNGE > General Discussion

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old October 15th, 2013, 09:56 AM

Liked 187 Times in 169 Posts
Exclamation Not All Thieves Are Stupid

Got this info in an email thought I would share
something you may want to consider changing/doing

THIS IS INTERESTING, READ IT ALL

• The suggestions offered by this message make no sense if some items normally left in ones’ vehicle are required to be there in certain situations! However, placing the registration and insurance papers in an unlikely place within your vehicle would help. Also, a very good car security system might prevent any break-ins from happening! Paul

NOT ALL THIEVES ARE STUPID!!!

IMPORTANT READING NOW HEAR THIS...NOT ALL THIEVES ARE STUPID!!

1. Some people left their car in the long-term parking at San Jose while away, and someone broke into the car. Using the information on the car's registration in the glove compartment, they drove the car to the people's home in Pebble Beach and robbed it. So I guess if we are going to leave the car in long-term parking, we should NOT leave the registration/insurance cards in it, nor your remote garage door opener. This gives us something to think about with all our new electronic technology.

2. GPS. Someone had their car broken into while they were at a football game. Their car was parked on the green which was adjacent to the football stadium and specially allotted to football fans. Things stolen from the car included a garage door remote control, some money and a GPS which had been prominently mounted on the dashboard. When the victims got home, they found that their house had been ransacked and just about everything worth anything had been stolen. The thieves had used the GPS to guide them to the house. They then used the garage remote control to open the garage door and gain entry to the house. The thieves knew the owners were at the football game, they knew what time the game was scheduled to finish and so they knew how much time they had to clean out the house. It would appear that they had brought a truck to empty the house of its contents. Something to consider if you have a GPS - don't put your home address in it... Put a nearby address (like a store or gas station) so you can still find your way home if you need to, but no one else would know where you live if your GPS were stolen.

3. CELL PHONES I never thought of this....... This lady has now changed her habit of how she lists her names on her cell phone after her handbag was stolen. Her handbag, which contained her cell phone, credit card, wallet, etc., was stolen. 20 minutes later when she called her hubby, from a pay phone telling him what had happened, hubby says 'I received your text asking about our Pin number and I've replied a little while ago.' When they rushed down to the bank, the bank staff told them all the money was already withdrawn. The thief had actually used the stolen cell phone to text 'hubby' in the contact list and got hold of the pin number. Within 20 minutes he had withdrawn all the money from their bank account. Moral of the lesson:

a. Do not disclose the relationship between you and the people in your contact list. Avoid using names like Home, Honey, Hubby, Sweetheart, Dad, Mom, etc....

b. And very importantly, when sensitive info is being asked through texts, CONFIRM by calling back.

c. Also, when you're being texted by friends or family to meet them somewhere, be sure to call back to confirm that the message came from them. If you don't reach them, be very careful about going places to meet 'family and friends' who text you.

4. Purse in the grocery cart scam...

A lady went grocery-shopping at a local mall and left her purse sitting in the children's seat of the cart while she reached something off a shelf...wait till you read the WHOLE story! Her wallet was stolen, and she reported it to the store personnel. After returning home, she received a phone call from the Mall Security to say that they had her wallet and that although there was no money in it, it did still hold her personal papers. She immediately went to pick up her wallet, only to be told by Mall Security that they had not called her. By the time she returned home again, her house had been broken into and burglarized. The thieves knew that by calling and saying they were Mall Security, they could lure her out of her house long enough for them to burglarize it.

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

The Following User Likes This Post:
bikertrash3531 (October 16th, 2013)
Old October 16th, 2013, 12:56 AM

Liked 36 Times in 30 Posts

Good tips. I personally practice most of these. When I travel home from a destination, I don't use the Home feature on the GPS. I just go to Joplin city center. Other than that the GPS stays in the house when not needed. All my contacts in my phone are first and last name and the phone is locked intriplicate. First being facial recognition, second a pattern screen, then a typed password. FRS can be bypassed in low light. One can never do enough to protect their identity.

1994 F150 XLT ExCab SB 306, 4R70w, 8.8 3.55 open, MSD StreetFire coil, Taylor Siro Pro wires, MSD cap and rotor, 1.72 Roller Rockers, 2º cam advance w/ Cloyes Street True Roller timing set, Flat top Hyperutectic pistons, Flowtech Long Tube headers, Xpipe, High flow Magnaflow converters, Spintech XL Sportsman DIDO muffler.

Old October 16th, 2013, 01:19 AM

Liked 36 Times in 34 Posts

read the email lots of good logical reasoning

click below to see my FTC Gallery

Don't forget those that came before you! Be proud of who you are and where your from.

“No damn man kills me and lives.” Confederate Lieutenant General, Nathan Bedford Forrest

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 6
bikertrash3531 , FredDog01 , glc , JSoko , Klitch , skatebowd