Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > WELCOME CENTER > New Member Introductions

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old July 21st, 2019, 11:28 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1987 F-150 (Farm Truck)

Hi. I'm a novice (at best) when it comes to working on cars/trucks. I've done a little bit...changed out radiators, done brake jobs (disc only), "tried" once to change out my wheel bearings but my little press (10 ton) wasn't nearly enough to do the job...but I did do the ball joints while there, changed out the rear struts/shocks (had to get help from someone with an impact wrench though. This truck is something else altogether though. They don't make parts anymore??? lol It's a 4 speed inline 6 with a heavily beaten-up body, but I love to drive it, primed/rusted hood and all. It's a short bed and I'm currently working on replacing a broken brake/clutch bracket (or assembly?). I once bought an old aluminum boat (1958) that was riveted and UGLY. Little did I know what I was getting into by deciding to spruce it up. Ended up totally stripping it, priming it (twice w/ 2 different methods), resealing every.single.rivet, painting it by hand, replacing the white oak transom (custom work) and gunnels (1x1 inside and outside...had to steam to bend), redesigning the interior and went from a tiller motor to installing a helm steering setup (replaced 33hp with 35 that had a control box for helm start/steer) and a lot more. I'm wondering if this truck will have the same effect on me. lol
Old July 22nd, 2019, 09:18 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Central Florida welcomes you to the club. Hopefully the truck will be more fun to tinker on then the boat was.
Old August 6th, 2019, 06:10 AM

Liked 187 Times in 169 Posts

Welcome from Northwest Georgia

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old August 23rd, 2019, 10:28 AM

Liked 36 Times in 34 Posts

From the beautiful Gulf Coast of North West Florida, AKA the Redneck Riviera

click below to see my FTC Gallery

Don't forget those that came before you! Be proud of who you are and where your from.

“No damn man kills me and lives.” Confederate Lieutenant General, Nathan Bedford Forrest