Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1992-1996 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old March 25th, 2017, 04:34 PM

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default A/C question etc.

My a/c compressor went out last summer and I plan to replace it in a few months providing money is there. I think someone told me it is best to replace condenser also. Are there any other parts that should be replaced? Whatever happened to Bikertrash and Booba(sic)? I see a lot of questions but many never get answered. Hate to see the site has dwindled like it has. Hope everyone has a great wkend.

1993 F150 XLT, 5.8 with E40D, Tow and Handling Package. Fully loaded from factory as truck was special order. Mods: Extang Snap on bed cover. 2" drop in rear, Six Liter Tuneup, NOS 66-72 Ford Air Foil Antenna, Planet Auto Red Ford Oval (grille). Diamond Clear Headlight Package, Bumper Guards, F350 Brake Conversion, Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors, 3 row alum radiator with Mk VIII elec fan. and much more to come!
Old March 25th, 2017, 09:35 PM

Liked 112 Times in 108 Posts

I don't see any need to replace the condenser. However, I would replace the accumulator (receiver-dryer), orifice tube, and all the o-rings, seals and gaskets.

The new and reman compressors at rockauto.com come with the accumulator and orifice tube, some also have the full seal kit.

You will need a gauge set and a vacuum pump if you do the work yourself. I would think that parts stores would have them in their loaner/rental kits.

2003 F-150 XL RCSB 2wd 4.2 5 speed 3.55 LS
Old March 26th, 2017, 08:58 PM

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Thanks glc. I will collect parts and install what I can. System is already purged out so I'll do what I can and let a mechanic do the rest.

1993 F150 XLT, 5.8 with E40D, Tow and Handling Package. Fully loaded from factory as truck was special order. Mods: Extang Snap on bed cover. 2" drop in rear, Six Liter Tuneup, NOS 66-72 Ford Air Foil Antenna, Planet Auto Red Ford Oval (grille). Diamond Clear Headlight Package, Bumper Guards, F350 Brake Conversion, Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors, 3 row alum radiator with Mk VIII elec fan. and much more to come!