Quantcast Ford recalls 2009-2010 F150 four door handle failure - Ford Truck Club Forum

Home

Forum

Gallery

Garage

Blog

Arcade

Settings

TOTM

Vote

Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 2009-2014 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old February 5th, 2011, 07:00 AM

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Default Ford recalls 2009-2010 F150 four door handle failure

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has announced a voluntary Ford recall of 2009 and 2010 F150 pickups due to weak return springs in the interior door handles which could allow the doors to open in the event of an accident.

The NHTSA does not state how many (but according to Ford - 280,000 units are affected) 2009 and 2010 Ford F150 pickups are affected by this door handle recall but this announcement pertains specifically to trucks built between January 18, 2008 and November 30, 2009. In select trucks built during that period of time, the return springs in the interior door handles may not be strong enough to pull the handle back into the fully closed position. In the event that a truck with the handle not “fully stowed” is in an accident, the spring could allow the handle to slip and the door could open.

In simpler terms, say that you open the driver’s door of your 2010 F150 to get out and when you close the door, the interior door handle does not return to the fully closed position. This means that once you get into the truck to drive next time, that handle could still be partially towards the open position and in the event of an accident, the impact could cause that handle to release and the door could fly open. This obvious greatly increases the likelihood of injury in an accident so Ford has gone ahead and made the call for those trucks to head back to the dealership. The announcement also states that there have been no injuries as a result of this defect.

This 2009-2010 Ford F150 recall is set to official begin on or around February 14th and Ford asks that any F150 owners with interior door handles that feel loose or do not seem to return to the fully stowed position contact your dealership right away. For those experiencing the looseness issue right now, the dealership will replace the door handle assembly but for those not currently experiencing the looseness issue, once the parts become available you will be asked to bring the truck to the dealership for inspection. Should the spring be found to be too weak, the spring will be replaced and in the worst situations, the handle assembly could be replaced. All of these services will be performed free of charge to the customer.

What we leave behind are our words and our deeds. Nothing else really matters.

Last edited by HawaiianF150; February 5th, 2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:22 AM

Liked 187 Times in 169 Posts
Exclamation Recall - 2009-2010 f150

Ford is recalling 280,000 F150's because a failure in the door handle could cause the doors to open in a crash.

The recall affects 2009 and 2010 models built between Jan. 18, 2008, and Nov. 30, 2009.

a plastic piece of the interior door handle mechanism can become fatigued over time and reduce tension on the door handle spring. If this happens, the door could fail to latch.

For more information, F150 owners can contact Ford at 866-436-7332

original owners will recive a notice in the mail, others will have to read FTC

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old December 21st, 2011, 04:35 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you for the post. Lately, there were many automobile recalls. One of which was the Ford auto recall. Just a while ago, I also read an article connected with it albeit it was not the said car company. The post was entitled Nissan announces recall of Sentra and Juke. It stated there that recalls have been announced by Nissan for two different cars. The Sentra and the Juke are impacted by the recall, but the problems are not related.

In both recalls, Nissan is going to notify owners in January. In case of the Sentra, Nissan will replace the terminal and battery cover at no cost. Moreover, Nissan will also perform any necessary repairs on the Juke to correct the turbocharger issue.

Good thing car companies have consolations to its customers.
Old December 21st, 2011, 10:25 AM

somewhere on this site
you can find TSB's & re-call info for our Trucks
just can't seem to find it

by the way welcome to the site

Old December 24th, 2011, 10:22 PM

All Vehicle Safety Recalls and or Safety Notices and Bulletins must be must be registered with NHTSA or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. http://www.nhtsa.gov/.

This is not an option for the manufacturer it is MANDATORY and required by federal law.From http://www.nhtsa.gov/ you could start your search on the right side of the web site in the "REPORT A VEHICLE OR CHILD SEAT DEFECT"

~~ To do it the easy way follow the below ~~ To SEARCH Your Vehicle Click Here:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallsearch.cfm

The page is pretty much self explanitory -
1. Select by Type = Vehicle, Equipment i.e., and click on "Search Selected Type" or if you know the Campaign ID
2. Select Model Year and click on Submit Model Year
3. Select Make (i.e., FORD) and click on Submit Make
4. Select Model (i.e., F150) and click Submit Model
5. Select Component from scroll down menu if you want to choose a specific component - My advice is leave this alone so you get everything listed about the vehicle you are researching
6. Check the box if you do want to see a detailed report of the registered recalls and Click on Retrieve Recalls

Last edited by HawaiianF150; December 24th, 2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old December 25th, 2011, 09:34 AM

dont we have that option somewhere on this site ???
you know how to find TSB & Re-calls

this next remark is directed to the man behind the curtain "if not it needs to happen'

Old December 25th, 2011, 06:03 PM

On each page is Tech Archives - However, a "Quick Link to TSB Info" is not listed.

Is there is an Echo in the room? Someone with WiZaRd Powers could copy paste the below

To SEARCH Your Vehicle on the NHTSA Website - click here:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallsearch.cfm

The page is pretty much self explanitory -
1. Select by Type = Vehicle, Equipment i.e., and click on "Search Selected Type" or if you know the Campaign ID
2. Select Model Year and click on Submit Model Year
3. Select Make (i.e., FORD) and click on Submit Make
4. Select Model (i.e., F150) and click Submit Model
5. Select Component from scroll down menu if you want to choose a specific component - My advice is leave this alone so you get everything listed about the vehicle you are researching
6. Check the box if you do want to see a detailed report of the registered recalls and Click on Retrieve Recalls

Last edited by HawaiianF150; December 25th, 2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:28 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am glad to see such information, which I was searching for a long time. This will really helpful. It's really very serious issue. I think, it's a great recall of ford.
Old April 6th, 2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shree12 View Post
I am glad to see such information, which I was searching for a long time. This will really helpful. It's really very serious issue. I think, it's a great recall of ford.
I whole heartly agree