Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > THE LOUNGE > General Discussion

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old August 13th, 2009, 12:15 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up crzyjunyer's crankbait fishing tips

My preffered method is to take the boat and head into the wind (easier to control boat direction adn speed and better for bait presentation ) and keep the boat 4-5 ft or so off the rocks depending on depth - i try to fish crankbaits that dive about 1-2' deeper than the water (like a 8' diver in water 6' deep) and crank slow bumping the lip off the rocks - i do get hung up some but i have learned to be patient and usually by just backing off and going on tothe lure and getting just past it they will usually float on up - usually just get wedged in between or under one and will come out the way it came in - you will also need to keep a close eye on your line near the lure for nicks and cuts - i try to check mine for major knicks on every cast and "feel" check every 5-6 casts for them

Big T

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Old August 13th, 2009, 12:15 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyjunyer View Post
sure - my preffered method is to take the boat and head into the wind (easier to control boat direction adn speed and better for bait presentation ) and keep the boat 4-5 ft or so off the rocks depending on depth - i try to fish crankbaits that dive about 1-2' deeper than the water (like a 8' diver in water 6' deep) and crank slow bumping the lip off the rocks - i do get hung up some but i have learned to be patient and usually by just backing off and going on tothe lure and getting just past it they will usually float on up - usually just get wedged in between or under one and will come out the way it came in - you will also need to keep a close eye on your line near the lure for nicks and cuts - i try to check mine for major knicks on every cast and "feel" check every 5-6 casts for them
you ever try using a braided line?

Big T

Old August 13th, 2009, 01:19 AM

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts

I have been using Spider wire for years. I love braided, especially on my baitcasters and open face reels. Then again I dont even own a closed face reel. I used to use them for cat fishing but got hooked on the others for that too. I do the same with my crankbaits letting them knock off rocks. Seems to do pretty well around here mid-spring, late-fall, and winter for deep fishing. Stripers seem to do well with plugs in the winter months tho!

Lowriders are for guys who can't get it up!
Sissy's drive 2wd's! (you know who you are!!)

Black Sheep of FTC
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:02 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

no ive never liked braided line - ive pretty much gone to a newer brand line called "suffix" - i like it - good knot strength and good abrasion resistance - i just had too much truoble with braided to keep using it - i would either have a weak knot or get glue all over everythig trying to keep it tied - plus i tore a reel up trying to break loose when i used it on my worm rod - only time i use it now is a a buddy's private pond - he has 50# braided on his catfish rod - we just throw out a half a hot dog with a 1 oz weight - when the line moves - suppers up !!

an unloaded gun is just an expensive paperwieght

you cant fix stupid - but remove warning labels and we can greatly reduce its main offenders !!

WAR EAGLE

SmiliesFTW.com
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:48 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyjunyer View Post
no ive never liked braided line - ive pretty much gone to a newer brand line called "suffix" - i like it - good knot strength and good abrasion resistance - i just had too much truoble with braided to keep using it - i would either have a weak knot or get glue all over everythig trying to keep it tied - plus i tore a reel up trying to break loose when i used it on my worm rod - only time i use it now is a a buddy's private pond - he has 50# braided on his catfish rod - we just throw out a half a hot dog with a 1 oz weight - when the line moves - suppers up !!
I don't know if you've seen these knots, but they work real well with braided line

Big T

Old August 13th, 2009, 03:53 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yea i hve but im used to mono so much now that its not worth it to go back to me

an unloaded gun is just an expensive paperwieght

you cant fix stupid - but remove warning labels and we can greatly reduce its main offenders !!

WAR EAGLE

SmiliesFTW.com
Old August 13th, 2009, 05:24 PM

Liked 187 Times in 169 Posts

Ive always used the improved clinch knot
which looks similar to the braid knot above but with a single strand

its hard for me to re tie without glasses[6-10lb] and I wont take glasses with me

any other that are easier than the clinch

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old August 14th, 2009, 07:05 AM

I dont use braided line
I tie the hook with an Improved Clinch knot
but I dont wear glasses, and its hard to even thread the line through the hook eye, much less all the twist & loops

any easy hook knot for the blind??

Old August 14th, 2009, 09:58 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I use mono for my leaders and most times i use an egg loop knot for my hooks, because thats about the strongest hook knot you can tie. Joey, if you practice that knot at home several times a week, when you go fishing, it is easy to tie without having to see it too well.

Big T

Old August 14th, 2009, 11:11 AM

BigT could you show me the egg loop

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 0
There are no names to display.