Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > GARAGE TALK > Garage Talk: Sound & Security

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old March 9th, 2013, 12:01 AM

Liked 31 Times in 28 Posts

2.5 preout voltage is a bit above mid-grade head units, 2v is mid-grade this is 2.5v. On top of that, no USB input. I have tried, installed, or worked on most any head unit you can name, and my favorite to date is Kenwood eXalon KDC-X991. With 5v preouts, 512 megabytes built in memory (so you can rip CDs), and USB input, it was the best sounding option I have found. I've had it for about 3 or 4 years though. If you plan on running an amp, than the preout voltage should matter, if not then don't worry about it.

89 F-150 5.0l AOD 2x4, 3.55 LS(+4), Converted to HO Roller, 3g Alt, GT40Ps, Y-pipe, Rerouted PCV, Dual Taurus E-fans, Explorer Injectors, Remote ICM, DIY Cold air, Rubber Vacuum System, Tranny cooler, Remote Tranny filter, Saginaw P\S swap, F350 Brakes, more.

Old March 9th, 2013, 12:08 AM

Liked 36 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba5185 View Post
and my favorite to date is Kenwood eXalon KDC-X991. it was the best sounding option I have found. I've had it for about 3 or 4 years though.
I have the Kenwood excelon KDC-x993 in big green and love it!

click below to see my FTC Gallery

Don't forget those that came before you! Be proud of who you are and where your from.

“No damn man kills me and lives.” Confederate Lieutenant General, Nathan Bedford Forrest

Old March 9th, 2013, 01:56 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatebowd View Post
I am going to post some pics and specs on big greens finale bad ass audio upgrade.perhaps tomorrow
here is a sneak preview

new subs are by Digital Designs

The 1500a series is the premium, go-to driver for a high performance system design when you want to keep overall weight and power consumption as low as possible. All moving parts are American made, with state-of-the-art technology. The 1500a series subs are the real deal; high-end subs at an affordable price.

The 1500 Series start with a powerful motor design using a 50mm thick magnet section, fully machined steel plates with 12mm deep, highly focused magnet gap. The high energy motor drives the lightest, high strength moving parts optimized for low distortion even at extreme output demands

The 1500s, especially the 1508/1510, are perfect for systems that can't use larger diameter drivers. 1500s are true high-end woofers that will compliment any system, delivering full low end along with brutal impact. The 1500 Series subs are the real deal; high-end subs

powered by Hertz

HDP 1 is a mono D-Class amplifier providing very high power and efficiency, being able to astonish for the excellent musicality. HDP 1 is ideal to drive subwoofers and can work on 2 Ohm and 4 Ohm loads, providing 600W and 1000W power.

HDP 1 features a subsonic and a Lo-Pass filer, both at 24 dB/Oct. Maximum installation versatility: just like the whole HDP line, the mono is equipped with the HDP IN system which, through the Speaker In and RCA inputs, provides the ability to interface with any OEM and aftermarket source. Using Speaker In inputs, the ART™ ( Automatic Remote Turn On-Off) function is available; the user can also switch it off. It features dotato a status monitor communicating with the user through a LEDs system.

The double-extrusion heat sink and the Hertz logo, which is back lit and can be rotated, allow especially sophisticated installations.

AND THIS IS ALL THE RESULT OF BUYING AND INSTALLING THIS HERTZ AMP FOR MY MIDS AND HIGHS

The Hertz HDP 4 uses D-Class MOSFET amplification for full-range audio as well as bass, enabling Hertz’ development engineers to design it into very compact Aluminium chassis optimised to keep things cool even under high output conditions. But this is not where the redesign ends. The HDP4 will accept direct inputs from the speaker outputs of factory fitted car stereos and features Automatic Remote Turn On-Off (ART) which senses an audio input and automatically powers up the amplifier. This means installers do not have to run a remote power activation wire, saving on installation time.

The chassis and outer case of the Hertz HDP 4 amplifier is designed for convenience and good looks with all wiring connectors hidden away and all adjustments mounted on top for ease of use. A scratch resistant granular aluminium finish ensures that as well as offering additional cooling benefits and top quality audio, this amplifier looks the part!

The HDP4’s top panel also features four status LEDs which alert users and installers when the amplifier is working beyond safe limits. Built-in protection helps to guard against short circuit, excessive loads or thermal overload, making the amp almost bomb-proof in operation with added robustness offered by the oversized power supply.

On-board filters/crossovers have selectable 12dB/Octave slopes and crossover points can be selected for low-pass, high-pass and full range applications, offering huge versatility to this tiny yet high powered performer. With typical Hertz attention to detail, the illuminated Hertz logo on top of the amplifier can be rotated to help with aesthetic integration.

and this my friends adds up to one super bad ass system if i do say so my self!

Don't forget those that came before you! Be proud of who you are and where your from.

“No damn man kills me and lives.” Confederate Lieutenant General, Nathan Bedford Forrest

Last edited by skatebowd; March 9th, 2013 at 02:01 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post:
Tr00b (April 13th, 2013)
Old March 9th, 2013, 09:41 AM

Good lord, hats the frequency response on that sub? You going ported, bandpass, or sealed? Whats the volume of the box? 15 square feet? lol.

89 F-150 5.0l AOD 2x4, 3.55 LS(+4), Converted to HO Roller, 3g Alt, GT40Ps, Y-pipe, Rerouted PCV, Dual Taurus E-fans, Explorer Injectors, Remote ICM, DIY Cold air, Rubber Vacuum System, Tranny cooler, Remote Tranny filter, Saginaw P\S swap, F350 Brakes, more.

Old March 9th, 2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba5185 View Post
Good lord, hats the frequency response on that sub? You going ported, bandpass, or sealed? Whats the volume of the box? 15 square feet? lol.
ported box

Cutout Diameter 9.19
FS 33.65 Hz
Magnet Weight 120 oz
Mounting Depth (in.) 5.82
Nominal Impedance D2.0hm / D4.0hm
Power Handling RMS/Peak 600/2000
QTS 0.619
QES 0.668
QMS 8.377
Series 1500
Shipping Weight 15lbs
Suspension Travel 66 mm
VAS 12.510 L
Voice Coil Diameter 2.0"

Old March 9th, 2013, 08:10 PM

Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts

I want to get another shallow ten and a bigger amp for the truck. Then use the 350w amp I have now to power my doors and rear 6x9's. One shallow ten is enough to rock a single cab truck, two oughta be painful.
Boobs have you considered putting in rear 6x9's like the 92-96 trucks have? You just replace the B pillar trim.

1990 F150XLTLariat. 300I6. ZF. BDS. 36x16.5x15FC. SAS under construction.

How to: FTC Gallery.

How to: Brick steering column.
How to: Wiper motor removal.
Shop Class 101.
Door Tag Codes.
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:10 PM

Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts

I want to get another shallow ten and a bigger amp for the truck. Then use the 350w amp I have now to power my doors and rear 6x9's. One shallow ten is enough to rock a single cab truck, two oughta be painful.
Boobs have you considered putting in rear 6x9's like the 92-96 trucks have? You just replace the B pillar trim.

1990 F150XLTLariat. 300I6. ZF. BDS. 36x16.5x15FC. SAS under construction.

How to: FTC Gallery.

How to: Brick steering column.
How to: Wiper motor removal.
Shop Class 101.
Door Tag Codes.
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:14 PM

I have a Kicker CVR 10 in a 1.1 (IIRC) cubic foot sealed (long) box behind the seat and it rocks. As far as rear 6x9s, thats a good idea Russo, thanks. I'll be doing that as my next mod.

Old May 13th, 2013, 10:45 PM

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

I'll be getting this Headunit next paycheck, got a fawkin CD stuck in this shitty stock dodge headunit so I want something kinda cheapish kinda good:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kenwood-KD...Input/21550141

Then I'll buy the install kit, the antenna adapter(cause it has to have an adapter), and a wiring harness specific for my truck. Should be around $150 total. I'll just be running it through stock speakers, not looking to upgrade those yet. Then I'll find a fairly cheapish Amp on Craigslist and install it. What Wattage should I get booba. And yes, I know that Kenwood headunit is a Single Din.
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:58 PM

Liked 36 Times in 30 Posts

The amp you need depends on the speakers you will be using. I would not suggest running an amp with stock speakers. The head unit will be sufficient. When shopping for an amplifier you need to pay attention to watts and ohms. Never go by peak power ratings, go by the RMS ratings. Match up the ohm ratings between the amp and speaker if running stereo.

1994 F150 XLT ExCab SB 306, 4R70w, 8.8 3.55 open, MSD StreetFire coil, Taylor Siro Pro wires, MSD cap and rotor, 1.72 Roller Rockers, 2º cam advance w/ Cloyes Street True Roller timing set, Flat top Hyperutectic pistons, Flowtech Long Tube headers, Xpipe, High flow Magnaflow converters, Spintech XL Sportsman DIDO muffler.