Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > Ford SVT Raptor

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old October 12th, 2009, 01:39 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default I went for a rip in a raptor!

So I was at the girlfriend's auntie and uncles for Canadian thanksgiving last night. They own and operate a large chicken farm and I know they have a lot of $$$. A few weeks ago I heard that he had he had bought a 1969 mustang from the states. We got talking about it and he said come walk out to the garage and he'll show it to me. So, as we were walking across the dark yard towards the garage he says, "did you see my raptor I got?" All I could say was "NO WAY!!"

I could not believe he had one! I've never seen one before and he said he got it 2 weeks ago and its the 1st one in Saskatchewan. Its black with leather, navi, sunroof...the whole 9 yards. I said you gotta take me for a rip in it and he was more than willing.

We started off going on a tight, rutted, bumpy, washed out road in the pasture towards one of his fields. Let me just say gentleman, this truck is EVERYTHING that people have been raving about. We were going 120kmph across that shitty road and the truck just floated across it. I know for a fact my truck would have been bottoming out especially at those speeds. Once we got out to the open field he started driving it harder and sped up towards a large bump in the field. We hit the bump and Im certain the whole truck got at least 3 feet of air! It was incredible!!

Im not sure if any of you have had a chance to ride/drive one, but if you do, never pass it down! When I first heard about this truck I wasnt crazy about it, but after that ride last night and actually feeling the way it rides on rough terrain at high speeds, im hooked on it. I want to buy one so bad now!

Dont admire my truck too much, your daughter is probably in my back seat
Old October 12th, 2009, 01:42 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

damn that sounds like it was a fun ride! unfortunately i doubt i'll be seeing one around my area any time soon....let alone ride in one

you should see if you can get some pics of that beast.....better yet...get your girls uncle to become a member and be the first Raptor owner on here.....probably last too

Matt

2007 F-150 FX4

I say try, if you never try you can never succeed.

Old October 12th, 2009, 01:56 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You lucky dog !

HA! HA! I'm a supporting member and you're not!

Old October 12th, 2009, 03:10 PM

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot150 View Post
get your girls uncle to become a member and be the first Raptor owner on here.....probably last too
Also, can you video that ride from outside of the truck? We would love to watch it!

Old October 12th, 2009, 04:17 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I probably wont see him or be out at their place until christmas time. But I'll remember to take my camera with me and get some shots for you guys. I'll also see if we can go for another spin and I'll take a video. What an incredible truck though, it totally blew my mind

Dont admire my truck too much, your daughter is probably in my back seat
Old October 13th, 2009, 09:46 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sweeeeeet!!!!

BATES

"If you see this in your rear view mirror.........MOVE!"
Banks & PHP Powered
4wheels are for guys who can't drive with 2

Old October 13th, 2009, 09:58 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

lucky.
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:22 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

now i really gotta have one!

Big T

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.