Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1973-1991 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old May 24th, 2014, 12:53 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Getting Ready

Hello Ford Truckers!

My father gave me his old Ford truck about 10 years ago. He's since passed away and I still have the old truck. I'd like to fix it up and keep it in the family. I know everyone would appreciate that. It's an 89 F150. I was thinking of doing the following;

1 Repaint - the paint is mostly powder all over. If you lean on it, you're red.
2 Lower it. - I wanted to get a lowering kit and lower it 2 or 3 inches. Not much.
3 New engine- The old one still runs good. It's got 102G's on it. But I was thinking of replacing it with a new/rebuilt classic engine and a 3 or 4 speed manual transmission. (It's automatic on the column now)
4 New interior - I wanted to get new bucket seats but not bucket-bucket. Something sporty but comfy. New carpet to go with the seats.
5 New glass - the windshield is cracked, the back glass comes out and the window don't work. I'd also like to replace the headlights, taillights and well I guess that's all the glass.
6 Tires and wheels. I wanted something sporty, chrome and low profile but not so much that I can haul anything.

Do any of you have suggestions from doing your own trucks that you can pass on? I might end up keeping the engine and transmission, but getting everything else done first. But I think that would make it more complete and a nice ride all around. Let me know what you think. I'll post photos of before and after. OH! and I'd get a personalized plate that says' "Dad'sTruck", if that's possible.

thanks for your help and glad to be here. By the way, the truck is running good and I drive it as often as I can. Especially to mom's.

Powersolo
Old May 24th, 2014, 12:58 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh and I left out the air conditioner… that's gonna need some work too… oh boy...