Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > THE MARKETPLACE > Vehicles For Sale

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old October 27th, 2011, 06:33 PM

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
Default WTT Ford Bronco

I doubt anyone is around me but here goes.

Somethings have come up(Namely my mother is disabled and has had strokes and fallen about 3-4 times and is getting worse)and I need a truck to haul my mothers Powerchair in.

This is my 1986 Ford Bronco XLT, I converted the factory 4bbl 351w to a 2bbl for better gas mileage and believe it or not it gets about 16 on the highway. It's got a C6 3spd auto that shifts excellent, New Process 208F transfer case, 9" rearend, D44 TTB front, the engine is strong and will do 80 easy, 4x4 works excellent. It has new pads on the front, new driverside rotor w/ the passenger being turned, repacked wheel bearings, new Monroe-matic rear LLT shocks, has the front quad shock option, super cooling package.

This is a heavily optioned Bronco, even has the rare factory tachometer, it also has the Digital clock w/ Date/Time/ and stopwatch settings.

WHAT IT NEEDS/ANY PROBLEMS: The only problem w/ the engine is the oil pan leaks a little, probably a quart every 600 miles, it needs new power window motors(I was planning on swapping in doors w/ crank windows), there is a little rust IE: the front fenders are rusted through a bit on the bottom, the rear quarter has bubble rust and it has the notorious bottom of the tailgate rust, and the rear window defrost doesn't work that is all it needs.

It's got a New Starter, Flexplate, Re-Greased rear driveshaft, New U-joint in the very rear of socket of the driveshaft, the front driveshaft has new u-joints(It doesn't have the double cardan joint), tranny has new filter and screen w/ new fluid.

Pics can be found in my gallery by clicking the Rebel Flag pic in my signature, there is the Bronco pics and the Ford build sheet I ordered for it in the Literature album.

Title is clean and green in my Fathers name, and this is a Daily Driver.

Thanks,
Ken

Email: k.bres007@live.com or send a PM or post up on here w/ any questions.
Multi Quote REPLY GOOD POST
Old October 27th, 2011, 09:20 PM

Liked 187 Times in 169 Posts

Sorry to hear about your Mom
may I suggest you get her to Phyiscal Therapy and start 'Balance Therapy', it helps; you don't need her to end up with a broken hip.

Instead of getting rid of your Bronco, make one of these hitch racks, I made this one to fit my Dog Box from scrap laying around my shop; if your clever enough you can make it tilt to the side for easy on/off, by useing pipe welded to the 2 inch square tube with a bolt running through it.
you can also buy them for around $100

the weight of a power chair & battries would be a bear to get on/off the height of a Truck bed, of course there are ramps (that may be stolen in the parking lot)

save the Bronco

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Last edited by JSoko; October 27th, 2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old October 27th, 2011, 10:29 PM

Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts

My dad had one of these rack things, My uncle has it now for hunting since my receiver won't come out I can't use it.
As for using ramps for a truck, to prevent them from getting stolen, after the chair is where it needs to be, park on top of the ramps. Just lay em down and pull the front or back tire on to them, good luck to the thieves now.
Old October 28th, 2011, 09:11 AM

Liked 187 Times in 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo2 View Post
My dad had one of these rack things, My uncle has it now for hunting since my receiver won't come out I can't use it.
As for using ramps for a truck, to prevent them from getting stolen, after the chair is where it needs to be, park on top of the ramps. Just lay em down and pull the front or back tire on to them, good luck to the thieves now.
when the chair is not in the Truck, like when Mama is at the mall or at the Dr.'s office

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old October 29th, 2011, 03:56 AM

Went out and looked at pretty nice looking 1981 F150 Ranger today(guy says it's an '82 but the door label gives a date of 3/81) 351m/c6, long bed dual tanks(both work), won't stay running due to a fuel problem(I told him it was the pump). He called asking about the Bronk, I told him about it, he told me about the 150, we agree to meet him at his house so we can look at it. Get there it's pretty nice looking, new exhaust from manifold to tailpipe, rebuilt carb, says the battery is bad and he's charging it(now here's the rub) he grabs one of the charging cable's and that dang thing is smoking hot, he thinks it the battery, puts another one in and it does the samething and he's putting 200 amps through a battery that should only be charged by 6 at the most, then has enough gumption to ask his "mechanic" friend(who supposedly works for Ford but couldn't tell me what engine was in the truck, I I'd it myself(351m)) if he thinks he fried the starter from cranking on it alot, so I couldn't here it run today, he's supposed to go get a $35 one from O'reilly's. The tag is outdated since '09 and he has a bill of sale from when he got it from the original owner but no title.... I gotta get the VIN again and run it through carfax and see what I can find out about it....

He even had enough balls to say that my Bronco looked more crappier than his truck, at least mine starts, runs, and drives down the road.

Last edited by BigBlue79; October 29th, 2011 at 03:58 AM.
Old October 29th, 2011, 04:03 AM

Couple pics:

Old October 29th, 2011, 04:06 AM

Oh and I tried one of the racks, w/ the spare tire carrier and w/ or w/ out the tire the chair hits the carrier. I used to lift it up and put it on the back of our flatbed F250 I'm 6' 3" and the bed came up to my stomach.
Old October 29th, 2011, 11:03 PM

Well we've wracked our brains enough he's decided to keep it, it just runs to damn good and there is no problems w/ other than needing window motors and the oil pan gasket.

Thread Closed.
Old October 29th, 2011, 11:03 PM

Oops double post.

Last edited by BigBlue79; October 29th, 2011 at 11:08 PM.