Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > GARAGE TALK > Garage Talk: Engine & Drivetrain

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old May 28th, 2015, 04:40 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Stock 5.8L to 408 stroker swap

So I'm wanting to pull my old tired 5.8L and swap in a 408 stroker. Can't decide to stay EFI or go carbureted. Wanting to clean up the engine compartment and smooth it out for more of a show look. What are your thoughts?
Old June 5th, 2015, 10:30 PM

Liked 34 Times in 33 Posts

Im old school like carburetors

click below to see my FTC Gallery

Don't forget those that came before you! Be proud of who you are and where your from.

“No damn man kills me and lives.” Confederate Lieutenant General, Nathan Bedford Forrest

Old June 9th, 2015, 10:24 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would only go EFI if you're going to use an easily tunable system like megasquirt or PRO-M. Then, IMO, it would be worth the cost. If you're not worried about emissions or anything, go carb. It'll be a lot less expensive and there is SO much information out there on carb 408W setups. And speaking of PRO-M, they have a coil on pack setup for their systems. It's pretty damn cool.
Old June 13th, 2015, 10:27 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the input. I think I am leaning more towards a carb setup since I have no emissions checks in my location. Plus, I hate trouble shooting the electronics systems when something goes bad. My e4od and electronic 1356 will be getting replaced with a built C6 and manual shift 1356. I'm hoping for 450-500hp at the crank so my drive train will need to come first.
Old June 26th, 2015, 04:51 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd also go for a carb setup.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 08:22 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looks like for what I'm wanting to do, a crate motor will be best. Doing the whole MAP to MAF swap, heads, rotating assy, machining etc, etc, an efi stroker will cost me as much as a good turn key 408.