Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-250 | F-350 SERIES | SUPER DUTY > 2011-2016 Ford F250 | F350

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old May 29th, 2010, 08:50 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Diamond Back Bed Covers

Hello everyone,

I am new to the scene. Trying to outfit my F250 with a bed cover. I have been researching what's out there. I think I like the Diamond Back Heavy Duty. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with owning one - if it works good at keeping out water, pros and cons...

Thanks,

Noneurosis
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:06 PM

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Cons, they are heavy and made out of metal! If you arent loading ATVs on top of them and stuff like that, I dont see the value in them. You may want to look into Gaylords lids, they make fiberglass lids that are top notch, Then there is Truxedo and Access, they both make soft roll up covers that are affordable and easy to maintain.

All three companies advertise on here so be sure to mention us if you decide to purchase a cover from either of them.

Old May 30th, 2010, 01:26 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome, Diamondbacks are nice, like Webby said if you're not loading on top then have a look at some of the others.
Check out Undercover and Extangs Solid Fold, great products also.
I've been running the Extang closing in on a couple of years now.

BATES

"If you see this in your rear view mirror.........MOVE!"
Banks & PHP Powered
4wheels are for guys who can't drive with 2

Old May 30th, 2010, 07:46 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Okay,

I will check out the recommendations from both Webby & Bates. I liked the security of metal being that it could not be sliced. I also liked the idea of storage on top as well as being able to stand on top with a hedge trimmer while another person slowly drives down a long driveway. Of course, if opening the top is not easy because the top is heavy, my wife won't enjoy that.

Appreciate the feedback.

Noneurosis
Old May 30th, 2010, 09:53 AM

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Is it No Neurosis? Are you in the mental health field?

If you are looking for a good quality cover that is both durable and easy for your wife to handle, I would visit GaylordsLids for great quality fiberglass bed covers. Their lids are made of fiberglass and are extremely durable. Take a look at their X2000 hinge system. The technology and design behind that hinge is second to none. I actually had them send me just the hinges for my fiberglass bed cover.

If you decide to buy one of their covers, when you call them ask for Chris and tell him you found them on FordTruckClub.net and I am sure he will take care of you. Good luck!

Old November 1st, 2010, 08:44 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is the Tonneau I have been looking at. Kinda the best of both worlds! Plus they are manufactured in my neck of the woods.

https://www.peragon.com/truck-bed-cover-retractable.php

I just love getting dirty.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 06:29 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think you can search on net, you will get so many options, even your query will be solved.
Old May 15th, 2011, 10:54 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've had a Diamondback on three trucks, you can load more than an Atv or two on them, I had a load of tile up on mine once, lumber, two lawn mowers, you name it I've put it on there. Damn near water tight (mine has been but it's all in how you get it mounted. Looks sharp too! They use two hydraulic lifts on each end so they are easy to lift and put back down. My only problem was I could get a way to get the dogs back there. I bought an a.r.e. Cap for my last truck, lved the space but that thing leaked like crazy from the rear door. Sold it when I traded last week for the 2011 f350 and put the diamond back back on. Those guys out there in State College PA are great too!

Just wanted to make sure someone with four years of owning these got there two sense in, the others might be good too, but this thing is incredible.
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:47 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just purchased the extang bed cover and I am very satisfied. It is aluminum and a tri-fold. It locks from the inside rail of your bed and your security option is to lock your tailgate, which should be done often. I would say 99% waterproof. I say this cause I found a few drops of water on the bed liner which was very minimal. With the south Florida rain storms that we get, I was very impressed. It looks great also. Www.extang.com
Any other questions let me know.
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:50 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just purchased the extang bed cover and I am very satisfied. It is aluminum and a tri-fold. It locks from the inside rail of your bed and your security option is to lock your tailgate, which should be done often. If you need to remove the entire cover, just unscrew the wing nut clamp on each side. I would say 99% waterproof. I say this cause I found a few drops of water on the bed liner which was very minimal. With the south Florida rain storms that we get, I was very impressed. It looks great also. Www.extang.com
Any other questions let me know.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 15
1hotdj , ASwaff400 , bluesky , cowboy , dickgad , Eng89ine , Fordtruckman88 , imhsar , JerryR , Jmackovic , JSoko , mikewayne , nytebyrd , Russo2 , TedC