Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 2004-2008 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old March 24th, 2019, 07:04 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default i'm all over the road and afraid to drive it

I have an 05 F150 fx4 crew cab 5.4L. w/ 6" lift. This truck is all over the road when i drive and vibration around 60 -65 and seems to be getting worse especially around corners. Im at the point where i am afraid to drive it. Its has a rack and pinion steering. I've replace almost everything up front and i'm lost. Here is the list of replaced parts:
New Tires and wheels (35")
Lower Ball joints
Upper control arms
CV axles
brakes
struts
shocks
inner and outer tie rods
sway bar link bushings
U joints
basically every moving part that i thought would cause this. I'm over $2000 invested in parts and 6 months of frustration.
Tires have movement in and out but not up and down when shaken when its jacked up off the ground. There is a clunking in the rack when moving the tire in and out ( attached gif ) but was told this is normal and should not cause the problem im having. Recently its started to make a bad grinding noise when you start to move with the wheel turned, however CV axles are brand new and not rebuilds. Its like its crawling back and forth across the lane when i'm trying to drive straight almost as if i had been drinking and having trouble keeping it between the lines and its getting worse. Now the $1000 worth of tires i put on it are almost bald on the front. I need help this is my only transportation and i really don't want to get rid of it. I'm hoping one of ya'll Ford gurus can help a young man out. Thanks in advance

Last edited by Mhammers; March 24th, 2019 at 07:21 PM.
Old March 24th, 2019, 09:21 PM

Liked 110 Times in 106 Posts

Take it to a GOOD 4wd shop and have it thoroughly inspected. Take the tech for a drive.

If it were my truck, I'd ditch the lift kit and put everything back to stock.

2003 F-150 XL RCSB 2wd 4.2 5 speed 3.55 LS
The Following User Likes This Post:
harrison28 (March 25th, 2019)
Old March 25th, 2019, 11:30 AM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Grinding noise when turning is usually a bad wheel bearing. How long has the lift been on the truck? Who installed it?