Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > GARAGE TALK > Garage Talk: Wheels & Tires

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old September 19th, 2009, 01:57 AM

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default Tire Brands

well..............Ive been with myself over what brand of tires to get. Im stuck on the Nitto Terra Grapplers, Interco Swamper Vortrac, Dirt Grip by Parnelli Jones, or POSSIBLY the KL71 Mud tire by Kumho. I liked the wear I got out of the Nittos, but I just dont need that aggressive of a tire for what I do. I currently have Bridgestone Duellers on it, AND THEY SUCK ASS!!!! EVERY little rock gets stuck in the tread and it drives me nuts going down the road ticking. I hate these damn tires, but they were better than what was on it. Just looking for some suggestions so I can get some ideas for when I put a lift on her. Thanks ahead of time

Lowriders are for guys who can't get it up!
Sissy's drive 2wd's! (you know who you are!!)

Black Sheep of FTC
Old September 19th, 2009, 03:11 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ok Cat here it it...Iver read tons of reviews on these new A/T from Hankook. Theyre called the RF-10's and they look aggressive as well, with a little sidewall grip too ! :) I ended up buyin a set for the wifes Escape and now want a set for my truck ! The reviews are awesome on this tire... They are a premium top notch tire for a good price...here...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...0&start=0&sa=N
Everyone likes them and they're gonna make that Escape look a whole lot better and i plan in keepin them on al year as well according to the reviews.

HA! HA! I'm a supporting member and you're not!

Old September 19th, 2009, 03:24 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Haaa ! theres a truck like yours with them on...have a looky.
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...ed=0CCEQsAQwAw

Old September 19th, 2009, 12:22 PM

The MT looks good. The second link you posted has mostly Nitto Terra Grappler pics. It shows bits and pieces on the side walls. I think the AT looks just like the Nitto Grapplers. Id get them before I bought Hankooks. Who even makes a hankook?

Black Sheep of FTC
Old September 19th, 2009, 01:10 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Scott and I will always disagree on the topic of Hankooks. He loves 'em, I will never buy another set. The ones on my truck are terrible. Decent traction, just falling apart. As for other brands, Nittos would be good, same with the BFG's. Could go with a Mickey AT, really good traction in everything but ice, which you shouldn't have to worry about. Really well built/designed tire, which you pay for.

Don't know who makes the Hankooks, they're Korean though...

Old September 19th, 2009, 03:27 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm with ya on that one Fatman, not a fan of the Hankooks, cheap Korean crap!
Have had them on a lot of different wholesale trucks and they suck.
Nitto's are good, really like the BFG's, Toyo Open Country's, ProComp AT's and have heard pretty good things about the Mickey's.

BATES

"If you see this in your rear view mirror.........MOVE!"
Banks & PHP Powered
4wheels are for guys who can't drive with 2

Old September 19th, 2009, 03:54 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmechanic07 View Post
The MT looks good. The second link you posted has mostly Nitto Terra Grappler pics. It shows bits and pieces on the side walls. I think the AT looks just like the Nitto Grapplers. Id get them before I bought Hankooks. Who even makes a hankook?
Hankook makes Hankook lol ! They're great tires and I love mine as well, and apparently iam not alone on this. Other owners that have not only the new RF-10's a/t's, but the same mudders as me are very happy with them. I cant talk you into buyin these tires, but they belong right on top with the rest of them. So u missed this pic somehow ??

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/ima...ine=1244074948

Old September 19th, 2009, 04:07 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ive seen a set of worn out Procomps on the front, the extreme a/t and the back tires were still like new. Ive heard those Nitto's wear fast as well, but maybe the guy shoulda had the 10 ply (E rated) tires...who knows. The BFG's are just played out, I do kinda like revamped mudder. A buddy of mine had a set of the Mickey Thompsons baja radial m/t on his F-350 and they lasted a summer. Dick Cepek also makes a good tire...http://www.dickcepek.com/tires.php...If I had the coin, id put my money into the Toyo M/T, another friend of mine had those on his F-350 and they lasted. Altho not the best for the winter, but they worked. Now that ive siped mine, I know the winter is no match for me, I really like my tires, and they were alot less than any of these others.

Last edited by Scotts Black FX4; September 19th, 2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old September 19th, 2009, 08:58 PM

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

I'm all about the TOYO Open Country M/T.
A bit on the pricey side but... a great tire!

Old September 19th, 2009, 09:55 PM

No comments on the Kumho's, Dirt Grips, or Interco's?? Surely someone out there has tried or knows of someone that has used Interco Swampers. I like the Kumho's for commercial trucks but not sure about light duty trucks. Guess I'll have to do some hunting at my local dealers for my info on these! Although I dont have an Interco dealer, but Ill do some searching at local 4x4 shops.

Black Sheep of FTC