Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > GARAGE TALK > Garage Talk: General Tech Talk

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old April 7th, 2013, 04:19 PM

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Good luck on the project Russo. I'm so happy it is warming up to hit the yards and look for those gold finds.

1993 F150 XLT, 5.8 with E40D, Tow and Handling Package. Fully loaded from factory as truck was special order. Mods: Extang Snap on bed cover. 2" drop in rear, Six Liter Tuneup, NOS 66-72 Ford Air Foil Antenna, Planet Auto Red Ford Oval (grille). Diamond Clear Headlight Package, Bumper Guards, F350 Brake Conversion, Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors, 3 row alum radiator with Mk VIII elec fan. and much more to come!
Old April 20th, 2013, 05:37 PM

Default First yard trip

I made my first yard trip wed. I believe this site has ears because most of the parts I had my eye on and had said something about on this site were gone including the crushed cab step I said could be fixed. This goes back to the seat coming up missing that I had talked about. Anyway, they missed one item I got. Double visors and auto dim mirror (hehe). I also got door and dash trim(long piece) for EB that is wood grain. I had put long piece in another truck last year. No bezel pieces. I have eyes on a few things and I removed a couple of items and put them in another vehicle. Since I have time now with no job, maybe I can get to some that are a good distanst away. It was fun and great to be back in a yard. Who knows what I'll find next time. I didn't have time to look for a back glass catch but I will next time. I also grabbed some dash pads so I may be posting them. So get out there and enjoy the yards and find me that RH cab step brace and let me know what you may need. Don't mind helping at all.

1993 F150 XLT, 5.8 with E40D, Tow and Handling Package. Fully loaded from factory as truck was special order. Mods: Extang Snap on bed cover. 2" drop in rear, Six Liter Tuneup, NOS 66-72 Ford Air Foil Antenna, Planet Auto Red Ford Oval (grille). Diamond Clear Headlight Package, Bumper Guards, F350 Brake Conversion, Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors, 3 row alum radiator with Mk VIII elec fan. and much more to come!
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:20 PM

Liked 187 Times in 169 Posts

do not dispair, the most stuff folks want disappear quick

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old April 21st, 2013, 09:01 AM

I believe it.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:03 PM

Went to another yard today. Never had been to this one. Saw several things of interest. Went to another one but I guess it was closed. Might go back later in the week. Both yards where a fer piece from the house. I love the smell of salvaged cars early in the morning.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:27 PM

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

I was at the LKQ pull a part here in Tulsa when I was swapping my old bronco from 4bbl carburetion to 2bbl, stashed some parts I was gonna buy the next day in another vehicle(I think it was a van), bought the original parts I came there for and left. Came back the next day, only to find to my horror, they'd crushed the damned van and the truck I pulled the parts off was still there.... needless to say, I don't stash stuff anymore, but I do look for stashed stuff, that's how me and Biker found that last Alcoa they had on the yard back on Labor day weekend of last year(got those on half price day) ..
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:19 PM

Liked 36 Times in 30 Posts

Half price day made me feel like a kid in the candy store. Need to show up this year with $400 and see if I can fulfill my list.
Cluster W/ tach
Manual trans column
Seats (at least a good p/s armrest)
Flareside bed

1994 F150 XLT ExCab SB 306, 4R70w, 8.8 3.55 open, MSD StreetFire coil, Taylor Siro Pro wires, MSD cap and rotor, 1.72 Roller Rockers, 2º cam advance w/ Cloyes Street True Roller timing set, Flat top Hyperutectic pistons, Flowtech Long Tube headers, Xpipe, High flow Magnaflow converters, Spintech XL Sportsman DIDO muffler.

Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:06 PM

Oh that sucks! I've never saw them crush any, but that's not to say they can't bring in a crusher and just make a day of it. I put in for LKQ driver in W TN. Don't know if I'll get the job. Don't get no special deals like that around here like half off.

Old May 4th, 2013, 09:34 AM

Yarding again this week. Hit up 3 different ones. Picked up another set of double visors and auto dim mirror. I do get the harness, but I have to cut it at the bottom of the A pillar. The connector is behind the emerg brake and if your truck didn't have those, what good is the connector? You just wire it in to a pwr source, right? This wouldn't be pre wired in, in all harnesses would it? Main harness that is. Looking for a bronco ohc but their gone. Whats crazy, this one bronco had the ohc removed but they left the mounting plate and harness. The harness was complete and I got it and the temp sensor. Wish I knew what was hot parts to get. I watch some stuff on ebay which some of these people ask way to much for their stuff. Have found some great items which I'll say more about those later.