Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > GARAGE TALK > Garage Talk: General Tech Talk

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old April 7th, 2013, 06:40 PM

Liked 185 Times in 167 Posts

http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/s...7354#post77354

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old April 8th, 2013, 09:43 PM

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Slick 50 is what I was thinking of. There is a new one in Hot Rod this month. They have two page ad. Name of product is XADO. Claims one treatment last 60k miles. Buy online for $54.95.

1993 F150 XLT, 5.8 with E40D, Tow and Handling Package. Fully loaded from factory as truck was special order. Mods: Extang Snap on bed cover. 2" drop in rear, Six Liter Tuneup, NOS 66-72 Ford Air Foil Antenna, Planet Auto Red Ford Oval (grille). Diamond Clear Headlight Package, Bumper Guards, F350 Brake Conversion, Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors, 3 row alum radiator with Mk VIII elec fan. and much more to come!
Old April 8th, 2013, 09:51 PM

come on Frank
an oil & filter change every 5,000 mi is all you need leave the ...

Old April 9th, 2013, 09:14 AM

No doubt J. I was just giving BT some more products to ck out. I never used anything until about 7 yrs ago and started putting Lucas fuel treatment in my 01 stang. First used Sea Foam a month or so ago in fuel and then in engine (which I did half way). They use to say not change brands of oil, but my late uncle, on any used car he bought to resell and his own new vehicles, would always use Havoline. He always used American (Amoco now BP) gold. He swore by Ams grease when hardly anyone knew about that product. I have told many, just keep your oil changed regular because it is the life of an engine.

1993 F150 XLT, 5.8 with E40D, Tow and Handling Package. Fully loaded from factory as truck was special order. Mods: Extang Snap on bed cover. 2" drop in rear, Six Liter Tuneup, NOS 66-72 Ford Air Foil Antenna, Planet Auto Red Ford Oval (grille). Diamond Clear Headlight Package, Bumper Guards, F350 Brake Conversion, Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors, 3 row alum radiator with Mk VIII elec fan. and much more to come!
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:45 AM

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

The guy that owned the 1979 Scout II my uncle has ran Havoline 10w 30 in it from the time it rolled off the showroom til we got it back in 2011, I happened to be checking everything out at the house after we towed it, popped the oil cap to pour the Castrol in it and the damned rocker arms were shiny new, scout only has 121k on it, and uncle put castrol in it when the guy we got it from ran Havoline, I said there's a reason the engine is so damned clean, why change brands? He swears by Castrol cause the jaguar dealership when he had his 69 fastback jag told him that's what they use, well they use it cause it's a British Petroleum product, and jaguars are british.....

Last year I found an old Texaco Havoline fishing knife that's never even been sharpened by hand, so I put it up.
Old April 9th, 2013, 01:36 PM

Hang on to thaat Big Blue.

Old April 9th, 2013, 06:14 PM

Liked 36 Times in 30 Posts

Did some looking around on the XADO FriktionTek Product. XADO is a company out of Ukraine. Their claims are to create a ceramic coating to the metal lasting 65k miles with one treatment using Cermet technology. This is actually the good news. Ceramics in the auto industry have been few, but when in use, the benefit has always been heat and friction reduction. I know some auto manufactures have used ceramic pistion rings for longevity purposes. Also when you go to the part slingers for brakes there is usually an option for ceramic. I watched a couple of the testimonial videos and they didn't seem to be rehearsed but they were all initial reaction. They haven't gone back to these people after a year or say 10k miles to check in on things. What I would be interested in is solid numbers. Before and after cylinder pressures, complete testing of an engine that went 65k on the product starting with leak down testing etc.I noticed on their website, they used an independent lab by the name of TUV for testing. Since it's labeled for use in automobiles, dontcha think they would have had it tested by the SAE? The price is also something to consider. $50-60 is a lot of dough for this type of product. Despite what I've said, I may try it in the Neon. It has 135k on the engine that was put In about 6 years ago. If I do I will post my findings here. Or if Frankster buys it, I would be really interested his thoughts. So who's gonna be the guinea pig?

1994 F150 XLT ExCab SB 306, 4R70w, 8.8 3.55 open, MSD StreetFire coil, Taylor Siro Pro wires, MSD cap and rotor, 1.72 Roller Rockers, 2º cam advance w/ Cloyes Street True Roller timing set, Flat top Hyperutectic pistons, Flowtech Long Tube headers, Xpipe, High flow Magnaflow converters, Spintech XL Sportsman DIDO muffler.

Old April 9th, 2013, 11:05 PM

Not me brother, but it does sound interesting.

Old April 10th, 2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frankster View Post
Not me brother, but it does sound interesting.
I feel the same way
the only thing I have ever added to the oil and this was many years ago, on vehicles with over 100,000 mi
was Slick 50 & Restore, never knew if they did anything though

Dad loved Marvel Mystery Oil, in fact I still have a metal gallon can, it's been sitting around since the '60s; when I got an engine thats going to sit up awhile I squirt some down the spark plug holes and turn it over, got a Harley engine thats been sitting since 1992 and it still goes up & down I squirt some in it about once a year

I do add fuel injector cleaner to the gas, I buy it by the case and use what ever is on sale

I reckon it works as some vehicles have over 100,000 mi with no fuel or injector problems, I add this stuff to the gas at every oil change

brands I remember using were Chevron & STP and lately I have been buying Gumout from Costco, about a $1.65 a bottle for 12

Last edited by JSoko; April 10th, 2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old April 10th, 2013, 01:15 PM

Another little report for the Sea Foam. I filled truck up fri evening and drove about 6 miles back to house. Normally, it will use about a 1/4 tank per day. When I got to work today, it is just shy of 3/4's. I'd say the treatment i did worked well. I cannot wait to do it right by J's post. Yesterday, I was running late and I drove it pretty hard from stops and pushed speedlimit. Well done sea foam. I'm going home(TN) on fri to see mom. I will fill up and try to remember to log milege to get an accurate check. It would appear that I'm getting an extra 30 mile trip out of three days driving. Of course I have to make the return trip home, but we will see. Left work and I guess went about 20 miles out of the way to John Deere place and then home. Fuel gauge is still about two hands above half and that was running air and all city driving. Looking forward to trip to see what it gets.

Last edited by The Frankster; April 10th, 2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: update