Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > THE LOUNGE > General Discussion

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old September 14th, 2012, 08:28 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSoko View Post
spent my R&R in Bangkok, and remember much that I can't speak of on this site
Just like in that Hangover movie huh? )))
Old September 14th, 2012, 07:36 PM

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts

^^^^^^ lol ^^^^^^

Lowriders are for guys who can't get it up!
Sissy's drive 2wd's! (you know who you are!!)

Black Sheep of FTC
Old September 14th, 2012, 10:45 PM

Liked 185 Times in 167 Posts

or should I say wont speak of

For Those Who Fought For It...
Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Old September 15th, 2012, 01:04 PM

Liked 109 Times in 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSoko View Post
spent my R&R in Bangkok, and remember much that I can't speak of on this site
Got a few foamies did ya?

2003 F-150 XL RCSB 2wd 4.2 5 speed 3.55 LS
Old September 15th, 2012, 08:25 PM

Thumbs up Left Coast Voo Doo

Left Coast Voo Doo

Style: Stout

Having stopped by one of my favorite beer stores, I noticed some new brews that I have yet to try out. Picked up a few from Left Coast as I’ve never seen any in our area and I just can’t pass up on any new arrivals! Being a malt-head I was really excited to try out this new stout…

From a moderate pour rate this brew hoisted up an average (1-finger thick) head that was creamy and mocha colored. The body was a clear black with subtle brown/ruby colored hues when held up to the light. The head slowly diminished and left a good amount of lacing on the glass.

Immediately upon opening the senses are flooded with the intense aromas that this brew puts forth. Sweet scents of caramel, chocolate, coffee, roasted barley, coconut, rum, and dark fruits. The flavor of this brew was just as intense as that of its aromas. It started off malty with delicious flavors of: chocolate, caramel, coffee, coconut and a subtle hint of wood (like that of beers stored in bourbon barrels). This brew has an awesome long-lasting aftertaste that is quite malty and no bitterness whatsoever.

Medium-bodied with a thick (somewhat ‘chewy’) texture and a fizzy carbonation level. On my drinkability scale [easy-moderate-heavy], this brew would be a ‘moderate’ drinker. Go slow and enjoy those flavors; especially as the brew continues to slowly warm.

I can’t wait to savor more brews from Left Coast as this one was definitely a winner in my book! As for some excellent food pairings, I would recommend: beef/buffalo/bison, small game (rabbit, squirrel, etc.), venison, wild boar, and wild fowl (both upland and water). This brew would also make for an excellent dessert beer as well!

Beer-Nerd Details:

Brewery - Left Coast Brewing Company | San Clemente, California USA
ABV – 6.8%
IBU – not listed
Serving type – 22oz. bottle
Recommended serving temperature 40°-45°F.

Rating: 4 out of 5 mugs

=========================

Last edited by JSoko; September 20th, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old September 20th, 2012, 08:14 PM

Brew: Weisse Dark

Brewed by: Hacker-Pschoor Bräu; Munchen, Germany

Style: Weizenbock

Glassware: Best served in weizen glass or mug.

Personal Notes: These German brews are steadily growing on me! This brew sports a body that is a dark amber, slightly cloudy (maybe a bit murky?) but, moreover, like dark honey that has crystallized somewhat. Topped off with a thick, frothy, bubbly white head that stays with the bear all the way through! Warm scents of apple (like a warm apple pie), sweet malt, clovers and bananas tease the nose as you bring it close. This brew is soooooo smooth, thick (but not chewy!!) and creamy. Slightly fruity (apple? banana? but only so slight)... and malty (like a good malt from a fountain shop). There's a slight hint of bitter hops but it is so well blended in with the rest of the delicious flavors of this brew that it doesn't stand out. What a very wonderful dark wheat German beer!!

Old September 27th, 2012, 09:19 PM

Brew: Weisse Dark

Brewed by: Hacker-Pschoor Bräu; Munchen, Germany

Style: Weizenbock

Glassware: Best served in weizen glass or mug.

Personal Notes: These German brews are steadily growing on me! This brew sports a body that is a dark amber, slightly cloudy (maybe a bit murky?) but, moreover, like dark honey that has crystallized somewhat. Topped off with a thick, frothy, bubbly white head that stays with the bear all the way through! Warm scents of apple (like a warm apple pie), sweet malt, clovers and bananas tease the nose as you bring it close. This brew is soooooo smooth, thick (but not chewy!!) and creamy. Slightly fruity (apple? banana? but only so slight)... and malty (like a good malt from a fountain shop). There's a slight hint of bitter hops but it is so well blended in with the rest of the delicious flavors of this brew that it doesn't stand out. What a very wonderful dark wheat German beer!!

Old September 29th, 2012, 05:12 PM

Brew: Spaten Optimator

Brewed by: Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu, Germany

Style: Dopplebock

Glassware: Best served in a pilsner glass or beer mug. Although I don't mind mine in a goblet from time to time!!

Personal Notes:
What an awesome German dopplebock!! Once poured I knew I was in for a treat when I gazed upon that deep, DEEP dark brown/near black delicious body! Taste and smell are dazzled by a grand balance between malt and hops; not too bitter and not too sweet. The body is good and thick; I like to tease folks by saying it's "thick but not too chewy!" I think it's time to go back and enjoy a few more!

Old September 29th, 2012, 05:14 PM

A Good TEXAS Beer

Brew: Rahr & Sons Buffalo Butt

Brewed by: Rahr & Sons Brewing Company; Ft. Worth, Texas, USA

Style: American Amber Lager / American Red Ale

Glassware: Best served in a pint or mug.

Personal Notes: A lovely dark maroon brew that sports a fairly hearty head, which dissipates a bit too quickly for my preference. Lively scents and flavors of caramel, malt, toast, and toffee; and a slight reminiscent hint of warm flaky biscuits (yeah... Hungry Jack style). Not too hoppy ... not too sweet. Good carbonation makes for a light, refreshing mouth-feel.

It's an "ok" beer (not bad but not overly exciting) but it could be amped up some to represent Texas much better!! (How? I'm not sure.... will have to put more thought into that one!) Most interesting about this beer, for me, was not in the taste but rather in the labeling! It has an interesting 'story' which can be read on the label or on their website (click here for that 'story').

Old September 30th, 2012, 10:04 PM

Brew: Xingu Black Beer

Brewed by: Cervejaria Sul Brasileira; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Style: schwarzbier

Glassware: Best served in a pilsner glass or a heavy mug (which is what I prefer!!)

Personal Notes: Black gold.... that was my first thought when I poured this brew. Pleasant scents filled with sweet molasses, dark chocolate and slow-roasted malts. A hearty, foamy head stayed well for quite a while. But the taste... ooooh how smooth it was... so smooth I had to keep telling myself that this was beer! The taste was just a tad sweet but there was no detection of any bitterness at all! The flavors of sweet molasses, chocolate and malts come through so teasingly well in this black beer. One reviewer somewhere even said it "smells like cocoa krispies, tastes like heaven" ... yeah I can see where they would say that!! This is definitely one full bodied, easy to drink black beer that you don't want to pass up when you can get it!!

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 21
ASwaff400 , BigBlue79 , bikertrash3531 , Booba5185 , catmechanic07 , cblachly7808 , DoubleDee , F150Sport405 , gale9193 , glc , HigginsS , HiRoller , JSoko , nine5flareside , Photoman9 , Red91 , Russo2 , sbellinghausen , skatebowd , southernhonkey , TheAmplified42