Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1992-1996 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old November 14th, 2013, 11:53 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Need some info

Haven't been on here in awhile, started a new job and i am having to do some repair work to my truck, new battery and 80a alternator, and next weekend i am welding a new rear passenger quarter panel to my bed after my mom backed into my truck there are a few things id like your guys advice on, first id like to lift my truck just a bit or level it out at least, would it be a two inch lift to the front to level it? btw i have a 92 with the 302, second, i would like to put some gauges in the pillar, i think it looks way cool and i would like to have an rpm gauge, but just one gauge on the pillar looks silly, what are some others i can put in it? id like to put three and how hard is it to hook up the gauges correctly? ive got a hundred other mods id like to do to it to finish making it my dream truck but im going to start with those since i have a paint job to save up for right now too lol any advice you guys have is greatly apreciaed and thanks in advance!
Old November 15th, 2013, 11:24 AM

Liked 36 Times in 30 Posts

Personally, I'd put a trans temp gauge, and an Air/ Fuel gauge or maybe even a vacuum gauge. The trans temp is a must for a truck IMO.

1994 F150 XLT ExCab SB 306, 4R70w, 8.8 3.55 open, MSD StreetFire coil, Taylor Siro Pro wires, MSD cap and rotor, 1.72 Roller Rockers, 2º cam advance w/ Cloyes Street True Roller timing set, Flat top Hyperutectic pistons, Flowtech Long Tube headers, Xpipe, High flow Magnaflow converters, Spintech XL Sportsman DIDO muffler.

Old November 15th, 2013, 06:17 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

how hard are they to install?
Old November 15th, 2013, 08:38 PM

There would be basic electrical for the gauges, hot and ground. Then signal wire. The A/F will tap into the signal wire for the O2 Sensor. The Trans temp gauge will require a sender either brazed into the trans pan. Or you could put an inline filter assembly that has a sender housing built in into the trans cooler lines. Booba may have a link to this as he has done the secondary filter mod. Not sure if he did the temp sender in it though.

1994 F150 XLT ExCab SB 306, 4R70w, 8.8 3.55 open, MSD StreetFire coil, Taylor Siro Pro wires, MSD cap and rotor, 1.72 Roller Rockers, 2º cam advance w/ Cloyes Street True Roller timing set, Flat top Hyperutectic pistons, Flowtech Long Tube headers, Xpipe, High flow Magnaflow converters, Spintech XL Sportsman DIDO muffler.

Old November 16th, 2013, 03:43 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hmmm okay, how about leveling the truck? i seen on here people dropping the rear 2 inches, so am i correct in assuming to level it i can bring up the front 2 inches?
Old November 16th, 2013, 01:46 PM

Liked 31 Times in 28 Posts

2 inches is pretty close to leveling the front, but it gets pretty costly to do it correctly. You'll need new coils, adjustable camber bushings, and an alignment(s). You WILL need the alignment RIGHT away. As in the first time you drive the truck with the lift is to drive it to the alignment shop...if it's more than about 10-15 miles, you tow it there.

As far as gauges, I'd make your stock oil pressure gauge functional (right now it is a idiot light in a gauge's costume), add a trans temp gauge, vacuum gauge, and maybe a volt meter. I dunno, I always wanted just the 2 gauges, 3 seemed a bit much to me. Maybe a clock? It'd have to be a relatively classy looking clock if I were gonna use it though.

You already have a 3G alternator, so you are ahead of the game in that category, but why not upgrade to a 160 AMP? Typically they are cheaper or the same price.

Now onto making it your dream truck, where are you wanting to go with it? We all know quite a bit about these trucks, so combined we'll be able to come up with something for ya, lol.

89 F-150 5.0l AOD 2x4, 3.55 LS(+4), Converted to HO Roller, 3g Alt, GT40Ps, Y-pipe, Rerouted PCV, Dual Taurus E-fans, Explorer Injectors, Remote ICM, DIY Cold air, Rubber Vacuum System, Tranny cooler, Remote Tranny filter, Saginaw P\S swap, F350 Brakes, more.

Old November 16th, 2013, 08:48 PM

Blurford, I too am trying to build my dream truck. I have some parts collected and ideas on paper. I have also done some looking around for how to and parts info. I've read alot but its still going to be a learning experience. Some of these guys, Booba , BigBlue79, glc123, have been through thick and thin with me and my truck. Look forward to seeing your progress!

Old November 20th, 2013, 08:08 AM

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Hey blueford, if you just want to level more than raise, LMC has drop shackles that will lower back end and make truck level. Just my two cents.

1993 F150 XLT, 5.8 with E40D, Tow and Handling Package. Fully loaded from factory as truck was special order. Mods: Extang Snap on bed cover. 2" drop in rear, Six Liter Tuneup, NOS 66-72 Ford Air Foil Antenna, Planet Auto Red Ford Oval (grille). Diamond Clear Headlight Package, Bumper Guards, F350 Brake Conversion, Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors, 3 row alum radiator with Mk VIII elec fan. and much more to come!
Old December 1st, 2013, 08:25 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you Biker trash, these admins here are absolutely amazing its the only forum i go to, i have started to lean towards a rally type look with my truck, almost like a raptor, i was looking at some 2 in lifts for the front that where just spacers for the coil springs but looking at boobas comment i need to do a little more research and really look to find the right kit, and i still need to measure the truck i think the rear was dropped to inches by the previous owner, i have also been looking at those duraflex front fender flares with a 4.5 in buldge, not quite sure what i think of them yet though im getting excited for the exterior to come together a bit, i finally got my new quarter panel on and primered that was a big step ill be making a post on it here soon, and thank you guys for your support!! feel free to post pics of your own trucks on here i love to see what everyone has done for there trucks
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:12 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

where do i find adjustable camber bushings?