Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > THE LOUNGE > General Discussion

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old September 19th, 2018, 03:12 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Big & Tall Help Needed Please

Help & Information needed please. To whom it may concern.
Currently, I own a 2005 GMC Safari Passenger Van and a 2003 Dodge Dakota SLT, (AWD). All is fine with these vehicles except for an increasing issue that unfortunately I’m dealing with. That issue is a Health Issue! Allow me to explain: I’m a 60-year-old man, 6’ Tall and I’m extremely Obese at 400 Pounds. When I first
bought this truck (used) last year, my current issue wasn’t a problem like it is now. The health issue is that for some unknown reason, I’m gaining weight and retaining fluids, etc. that is making my “[GUT]” Area become larger then ever and it is getting so hard to be comfortable in front of the steering wheel! With this, my Gut is literally touching the steering wheel and making it difficult to drive now and NOT Safe as well.
It is getting to a point where soon, I’m not going to be able to drive this particular P/U at all, due to what I just explained above.
NOTE: Look for follow-up email to finish immediately after this one>>>>>>>>
The reason for this email,……..I need Help & Information as to me finding another P/U that will provide me the Comfort and Safety that I Now need in the Front Drivers Side that will provide me plenty of Room in front of my (GUT), etc.! Allow me to explain examples of what I’m looking for in HOPE that you can provide to me some Makes/Models/Years of P/U’s that may work for me, to start searching to buy one.
LOOKING FOR:
*P/U Truck………..Used
*(AWD)
*Cylinder……………Any
*Cab…….Extended/Double Cab, Crew Cab.
*Bucket Seats, WIDE!
*Bed………..Any
*Year………….Older, 1995 – 200?????
*Price…………Less then $10,000.00
*[Main Thing]……………Has to have Plenty of Drivers Side Room for my (Gut) that will certainly accommodate a Very Obese Driver, like myself!
NOTE: Look for follow-up email to finish immediately after this one>>>>>>>>
To sum this up, after reviewing my request for Help & Information, and expressing to you what I need, can you please provide to me What P/U Truck may be the one or two that can
match what I’m looking for. Along with the Model or Models And Years, etc.
That would be greatly appreciated!
What Cab would give me the most Driver Side (GUT) Room? Or it doesn’t matter?

Thank You so much for taking the time to address this issue for me. God Bless!
ps. I used to own a 1988 Chevy Silverado, Standard Cab. This seemed roomy at the time in the drivers seat.
Old September 19th, 2018, 08:24 PM

Liked 59 Times in 56 Posts

Admin note - please don't crosspost, keep everything on this issue in this thread. Thanks!

If both vehicles are in good shape, just get a good shop to extend the driver's seat tracks back and if necessary, put blocks on the pedals. I assume they both have a tilt wheel?

If you do want to replace the truck, in that price range I'd recommend a 2001-2003 F-150 with either extended or crew cab, 4.6 or 5.4. I do not recommend a 2004-2008 because the 5.4 engine in those has issues and a 4wd with a 4.6 is hard to find and won't get out of its own way.

Note that the 2001-2003 F-150 had power adjustable pedals on the Lariat and optional on lesser trim lines, you should look for that. Tilt wheel was standard on all but the entry level. I don't think a telescoping wheel was available till recently.

2003 F-150 XL RCSB 2wd 4.2 5 speed 3.55 LS

Last edited by glc; September 19th, 2018 at 08:31 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post:
harrison28 (September 20th, 2018)
Old September 23rd, 2018, 02:26 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks so much for the valuable info. I will certainly check out shops as you suggested.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 3
glc , harrison28 , myinhousebigdog321