Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > GARAGE TALK > Garage Talk: Sound & Security

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old May 8th, 2013, 08:45 PM

Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Default my cheap system...

tired of the factory cd changer eating my cd's, and not being able to use my ipod so i worked on the F250 the last couple days, ripped the interior apart to install the cheap-o amp from my f150 and expedition... mounted the amp behind the back seat, marked and cut the interior carpet panel/insulation, ran the power, the controller, and the amp turn on wire down the drivers side. only wire you can see is a 2 inch section of the positive cable. the ground i tied into the car seat bolt... all of the RCA cables are ran down the passenger side, everything is hidden and cant tell anything is there... mounted the amp controller under the cup holder on the center console with 3M double sided foam tape, cant tell its there unless you really look down there... behind the seat the only wires you see is the power cables, and amp switch wire, everything else is hidden behind the carpet... the sub is just temporary, its the one from our old expedition, will eventually get the center console sub enclosure that JL audio makes...
just had the dash resting there till the HU cam in

this is the head unit i ordered from crutchfield http://www.crutchfield.com/p_070XDV3....html?tp=20220
the invoice came with the instructions on where to cut/modify the dash to fit. very easy with a dremel and a cut off disk... it took longer to connect the 2 harnesses than it did to modify the dash,

test fit

installed

Aaron

'95 F150 XLT, reg cab long bed, swapped 351w,
4.56 gears, 4-link SAS, 14" coil overs.

SAS Thread!!!

'04 F250 Lariat, crew cab short bed 4x4 6.0L PSD, 3.73 gears, straight piped,
sinister coolant filter, welded egr, CAT EC-1 coolant, blue spring.
60 gallon fuel tank/tool box, SCT X4 w/IDP custom tunes, SOON TO BE STUDDED!!

a bunch of boats

Old May 8th, 2013, 09:32 PM

Liked 36 Times in 30 Posts

How's the sound quality out of that receiver? I checked the link and the price ain't bad at all for a double din dvd player.

1994 F150 XLT ExCab SB 306, 4R70w, 8.8 3.55 open, MSD StreetFire coil, Taylor Siro Pro wires, MSD cap and rotor, 1.72 Roller Rockers, 2º cam advance w/ Cloyes Street True Roller timing set, Flat top Hyperutectic pistons, Flowtech Long Tube headers, Xpipe, High flow Magnaflow converters, Spintech XL Sportsman DIDO muffler.

Old May 8th, 2013, 10:03 PM

Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts

i didnt get to crank it up yet, neighbor and their newborn where out front when i finished, didnt want to bother them, took me like an hour just to learn how to set the presets lol. eventually i will repalce the factory speakers with some quality units...

Aaron

'95 F150 XLT, reg cab long bed, swapped 351w,
4.56 gears, 4-link SAS, 14" coil overs.

SAS Thread!!!

'04 F250 Lariat, crew cab short bed 4x4 6.0L PSD, 3.73 gears, straight piped,
sinister coolant filter, welded egr, CAT EC-1 coolant, blue spring.
60 gallon fuel tank/tool box, SCT X4 w/IDP custom tunes, SOON TO BE STUDDED!!

a bunch of boats

Old May 8th, 2013, 10:33 PM

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

You make me wanna upgrade the stuff in the Derge, specially the CD Eating stock headunit..
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:03 AM

Liked 31 Times in 28 Posts

Looks good, not a fan of Dual, but I hope yours works out great. You seem to baby all your stuff so I'm sure you won't have any problems. There's a few things I'd change about the ground on your amp, though. It looks to be a bit too long (18 inch is the max IMO), and the connection point isn't very strong. The best ground (via a bolt) is a sanded surface. In your case, you'd have to sand the body, and both sides of that seat bracket to get the best connection. What I'd do is slice the carpet about 2-3 inches away from the terminals on the amplifier, mock up a ground wire that's about 10-12 inches (or less), drill a hole in the body(after pulling the carpet back), sand (both sides of you can) the paint off, then bolt the ground wire to that hole. Then run the ground wire (and every other power-related wire) to the amp through the slit you made in the carpet. That'll give you the strongest ground possible, and hide the wires a bit more. That's just me though, I'm OCD when it comes to this stuff.

...unless the JL center console box has an amp built in and this amp is just temporary like the sub is...then forget everything I just typed.

89 F-150 5.0l AOD 2x4, 3.55 LS(+4), Converted to HO Roller, 3g Alt, GT40Ps, Y-pipe, Rerouted PCV, Dual Taurus E-fans, Explorer Injectors, Remote ICM, DIY Cold air, Rubber Vacuum System, Tranny cooler, Remote Tranny filter, Saginaw P\S swap, F350 Brakes, more.

Old May 9th, 2013, 07:24 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Looks like you got a decent set up there. I just have an aftermarket CD with stock speakers. One day I'll get around to changing that..
Old October 27th, 2014, 05:30 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

its really great. hope you will now enjoy a better sound. :)
pokie slots

Last edited by hudsongore; October 28th, 2014 at 12:26 AM.

« Sound System talk | There is no next thread »

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 14
1979bronco429 , ASwaff400 , BigBlue79 , bikertrash3531 , Booba5185 , DoubleDee , gaszoo2 , glc , Hazzardousmat , hudsongore , JSoko , RAllensworth , Russo2 , The Frankster