Remember Me?
       Join for free!

Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-250 | F-350 SERIES | SUPER DUTY > 2011-2016 Ford F250 | F350

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old January 5th, 2019, 07:02 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Help the newbie please!

Hello everyone. I just joined the Forum and was hoping someone could shed light on a "Left turn signal fault" message that pops up on the dash sometimes after connecting and then actuating the Left turn signal on my newly wired trailer. It started out intermittently but seems to happen almost every time now. It seems like a "relay" problem or burnt out bulb in that the turn signal blinks twice as fast as normal on the dash, and the truck but no visible blinker on the trailer. (the light on the trailer does work and is not burnt out) that is to say when the fault is not occurring... Ground seems fine on the trailer and as i mentioned all the wiring is brand new. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
The truck is a 2016 F250 Platinum.
Old January 5th, 2019, 07:11 PM

Liked 96 Times in 93 Posts

You need to determine if it's a trailer fault or a truck fault. Can you try a different trailer on your truck, and a different truck with your trailer?

I'd bet that a RV dealer could help you with this if you tow your trailer over to their lot.

2003 F-150 XL RCSB 2wd 4.2 5 speed 3.55 LS

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 5
glc , harrison28 , Parrothead , phoenixbound , The Bone