Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1992-1996 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)

Old December 12th, 2009, 10:17 AM

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default Smog Pump Removal 92 - 96 F150

OK Im looking to remove my smog pump out of my 1995 f150 with a 302 in it. Can anyone offer me a complete step by step on what to plug up and stuff? I dont want to use the delte kit with the pulley I just want to remove it completely.

Old December 12th, 2009, 10:53 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Might not be a good as easy as that

I may be wrong on this but, the smog pump blows air into the exhaust to burn unburnt fuel. If is blows the air upstream of your O2 sensors then with it removed it will cause rich reading on the o2 which is gonna mess with your computer.... causing al sorts of crap....

Monthly Recognition Moderator

Check out my videos HERE

Old January 8th, 2010, 03:10 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I took mine off and cut the tube going to my exhaust off, and welded up the hole. then you have to take off the rail, running to the back of each head (one bolt per side), and plug up the holes with another bolt (i broke the top half off of 2, 302 spark plugs and screwed them into the holes, same thread size, works good), then you need to plug up the rubber hose that went to that rail (right above the rail, it has 2 vacuum lines running to it, like a small black canister with a filter in it, no biggie), or you can remove that canister and just run the 2 lines together, if i can remember correctly. then you can simply cut the hoses that came from the smog pump and thats it. sorry i stretched this post so long. its pretty simply, but the annoying part will be trying to weld up that hole.
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:05 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Like James said... If you do away with the smog pump, you might as well do away with the thermactor crossover tube on the back of the engine... anr you'll have to plug up the holes that are left.. a 5/8-11 X 1/2" bolt does the trick....

It looks like this, atleast this is what the one on my Lightning looked like...

If I remember right, one tube runs down to the smog pump, and the other runs to the cats... and a small vacume line comes off the top...

As for actually taking off the smog pump, well then you have to either get a shorter belt and reroute it... or get a smog pump delete pully..... Or another way, and the way I did it was to take the smog pump apart, and cut the eccentric part off (take it apart and you'll see what I'm talking about) ... that will just leave a piece about an 1/8 inch thick, and the bearing... then you can put it right back on, and the belt stays the same...

Last edited by Johnny; January 17th, 2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old January 20th, 2010, 03:33 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yea that looks the same as mine did.
Old January 20th, 2010, 10:14 AM

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

how was your emmisions after removing the pump? Did you get checked out by the local DMV? How did you do on emissions? My goal is to lift my truck about 9 - 10 inches, and to do that in my state, you need a special inspection done, only done by 3 DMV stations in this state. They give your truck all kinds of tilt tests and such.

I believe they also give you a regular inspection as well, emissions, etc. Im just wondering what you guys do/did?

Old January 20th, 2010, 10:45 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Old January 20th, 2010, 05:51 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So far we dont have emissions test in MS, thank God. After i put a jet chip in mine, it advanced the timing enough to make less gas smell than when the smog pump was on there. i was impressed. no black smoke or anything. it helped gas mileage out some too. as far as emissions test go, i would recommend getting yours tested. you could get it tested as is, then put a smaller belt on the truck and get it tested again. good luck.
Old February 11th, 2010, 10:58 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Good luck . Having lived in Buffalo .

Removing any smog part can be fun. I bet unless your getting a custom title of sorts you'll find you have to keep Snog stuff. Plus a federal fine to any mechanic that works (signs sticker on window ).

Most can get away but if you have a special inspection who knows.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 24
ASwaff400 , barrett_s , BigTrouble , bikertrash3531 , blueoval92 , Burton7.3 , Coupe302 , Drewz94 , dwoopp1 , fbm1344t , ihatechevy , JaneTane , jimmylaw55 , jsach , JVannatta , mattcoltharp , mtdracing , Mtgoat , nflfreak43 , nine5flareside , OLDYELLER , The Frankster , zmr2010