Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 1997-2003 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old April 27th, 2010, 07:59 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ever seen clogged EGR ports?

I have! Took off the throttle body today, took all of 30mins, maybe 45. Pulled the sucker off, rolled it over and saw two plugs of carbon buildup. I looked and though, damn, that's weird. Looked again and noticed that it was actually sticking out of the EGR ports! Going to get to cleaning this thing here in just a minute, I'll have some pictures of it clean for comparison.

Mods: Daystar 1.5" Leveling kit, BFG A/T KO 295/75/16, Black Tough Guy II toolbox, Pioneer head unit, 2 MTX 10's (custom boxes), 250w Bazooka amp, Zstat speakers, Hatchie Bottom seat covers, Mossy Oak mats and steering wheel cover, True dual Dynomax bullets, x pipe, 3.5x18" ss tips (soon), Gotts intake mod, Smoked tails.
Law of the Woods - Eat or be Eaten. - Jack London
Old April 27th, 2010, 08:13 PM

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

yeah, on my old 302 when i tore it down. when i removed the intake manifold, there was literally an inch of sludge build up in the valley. how many miles are on it?

Aaron

'95 F150 XLT, reg cab long bed, swapped 351w,
4.56 gears, 4-link SAS, 14" coil overs.

SAS Thread!!!

'04 F250 Lariat, crew cab short bed 4x4 6.0L PSD, 3.73 gears, straight piped,
sinister coolant filter, welded egr, CAT EC-1 coolant, blue spring.
60 gallon fuel tank/tool box, SOON TO BE STUDDED!!

a bunch of boats

Old April 27th, 2010, 09:22 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Around 185k. It is unbelievable how hard that stuff is, it's taken me an hour just to get it clear enough to get air through. Any suggestions on what kinda tool I should use to get the rest of it out? I've been reaming it with a coat hangar and it's pretty much clear now. Hopefully the b12 and tb cleaner will eat it off.

Mods: Daystar 1.5" Leveling kit, BFG A/T KO 295/75/16, Black Tough Guy II toolbox, Pioneer head unit, 2 MTX 10's (custom boxes), 250w Bazooka amp, Zstat speakers, Hatchie Bottom seat covers, Mossy Oak mats and steering wheel cover, True dual Dynomax bullets, x pipe, 3.5x18" ss tips (soon), Gotts intake mod, Smoked tails.
Old April 28th, 2010, 01:06 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Finished cleaning it, got it all back on. Feels like there's much more power now, and it idles smoother. Didn't get after pictures, but you oughta' know what a clean one looks like. The EGR ports took me almost an hour to get completely clean and clear of blockage. Used a coat hangar, then a screwdriver and a ton of B12 and TB cleaner. Very satisfied with this little project because the truck has been throwing the EGR flow insufficient code since a week after I got it.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 5
mmacak06 , Orlin , redman , zangeif86 , zippois1

Tags
clogged , egr , ports