Search

How-To's

Unanswered

FTC Toolbar

Social Sites

Register

Ford Truck Club Forum > FORD F-100 | F-150 SERIES > 2004-2008 Ford F150

Welcome to FordTruckClub.net
Welcome to FordTruckClub.net, the internet's premier Ford truck community! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions and access other forum features. By joining our free online community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forgot your password? click here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Old March 10th, 2011, 05:46 PM

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Post Seat Removal: '04-'08

Welcome folks to another how to by me, DoubleDee. This involves removing the front seats and rear seat back out of your truck. Unfortunately, I do not have a flow through console nor did I remove the flip up portion of the back seat.
This how to will be helpful for anyone. Need to install new carpeting, install sound dampening material, have to much time on your hands, installing a sound system, upgrading seats, or whatever you have in mind, this will help you out. Especially when it comes to removing that dreaded rear seat back.

Let's begin with what tools you'll need:

Great, now let's start tearing out those seats!

Front Seats:

Now let's get that center seat out:

Now it's time for that dreaded rear seat back:

So, hopefully this has helped you rip apart and dismantle the seats in your once beautiful truck. A side note, the plastic clips can be zip tied so that you don't have to use the screwdrive/reach around method the next time you need to get behind that seat back. I've done it, and it helps. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to get a buddy to help out.

Disclaimer: I am in no way to be held responsible for any mistakes that you cause. This is merely a guide on how I did this. I am providing this information to you so you have a basic understanding on the process. Thank you.

Double(. Y .)Dee
SSG, TXARNG
OIF III ('05) & OIF VIII ('10)
Least knowledgeable when it comes to the whirly, spinny things.

How To Use The FTC Gallery
Check out the Truck of the Month forum and vote!
2004-2008 F-150 Specific How To's:
VIN Decoder
Gotts Mod - 4.6L (5.4L similar)
Big 3 Upgrade
Seat Removal
Interior Door Disassembly SCrew (RCab/SCab similar)
Interior Trim/Carpet Removal

"Fighting is not handing out cookies, it's gunfire and rockets, and there will be casualties." - Haji Khalifa Mohammad Shah

Last edited by DoubleDee; July 29th, 2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:57 PM

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Here's what the inside looks like without the seats:

Double(. Y .)Dee
SSG, TXARNG
OIF III ('05) & OIF VIII ('10)
Least knowledgeable when it comes to the whirly, spinny things.

How To Use The FTC Gallery
Check out the Truck of the Month forum and vote!
2004-2008 F-150 Specific How To's:
VIN Decoder
Gotts Mod - 4.6L (5.4L similar)
Big 3 Upgrade
Seat Removal
Interior Door Disassembly SCrew (RCab/SCab similar)
Interior Trim/Carpet Removal

"Fighting is not handing out cookies, it's gunfire and rockets, and there will be casualties." - Haji Khalifa Mohammad Shah

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 16
1998F150XLT , 90f150xltcenturion , Bates88 , bikercec , Booba5185 , D&J2007F150 , DoubleDee , Dumontdana , forestkeeper , HawaiianF150 , jas1947 , mcool , Russo2 , toofastf150 , TPBull , Willows Wind